Two Tone gets fatter

Peter M

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not just muddy hole in the ground anglers that are faced with groundbait limits.

Castle Howard, well known bream and pike water banned groundbait as SOME anglers were rowing out and tipping over the side groundbait made using a full 25kg sack at a time.

A bit quicker than spodding eh :D:D

As for the record, whatever floats your boat, horses for courses, live and let live, etc. :)

Mark

I have just read through this entire thread, and frankly I am amazed. I am amazed at the stupidity of some of the comments, amazed at people having a pop at each others preferred branch of our sport, amazed that people criticise before engaging their brain.

I can't decide whether to go for Barbel, Chub, Carp or Perch this weekend. Whichever one I decide to go for, I'll give myself a right b0ll0cking.

If I catch a record of any species, I shall b0ll0ck myself even more... because any fish that reaches a record weight has been caught before and so to catch it again is very wrong of me.

I am in a bad mood, so apologise for the rant. But to be honest, some people deserve it.

MPDSU - bury your head in the sand if you want to. The amount of groundbait a matchman uses has ALWAYS been measured. I had a word with a few fishery owners who have rationed ground bait, and the reason is that carpers are putting too much G/B in!! (instead of arguing with me, check it out for yourself!!!) Your argument about uncle Jim being "a slightly different case" does not hold water - the amount going in is the same!! No branch of angling is whiter than white, the only thing is some people refuse to admit it.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Your anti-carping/carpers stand does you no favours mate!

"I had a word with a few fishery owners who have rationed ground bait, and the reason is that carpers are putting too much G/B in!!"

Yeah, and I can guess at what type of fisheries there were too! Committees made up of matchment by any chance - would have carp angling banned on there waters if they had the chance? Remove all the carp from there lakes?

Typical ignorance - its not me who needs to get his head out of the sand mate.

I'm 50 next month - started fishing when I was 10(ish), its only relatively recently I started Carping, so I'm not as blinkered as you'd like to think. I've been there, etc.

[ 26. September 2005, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: mpbdsnu ]

Most carp anglers I know work on the philosophy that you can't take bait back out if you overdo it and ruin a swim. Therefore, they tend to not put much in.

The idea that carp anglers turn up and fill a lake with bait is, I presume, perpetuated by people who do't have a clue what they're talking about or, perhaps, are basing their 'findings' on one single sighting.

Those people should take a look at the price of carp baits one day and realise that there's another reason we don't pile it in :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton, some carp anglers do use excessive amounts of bait. I don't know about the quantities mentioned in this thread, but I've certainly seen them spodding-out feed for upwards of a couple of hours. Worst of all, are those who over-feed in waters where excess isn't eaten by bream, coots etc. I've seen master-baiters(!) put in so many boilies - in winter, too - that the damn things lay uneaten and rotted. On one occasion I foul-hooked rotting boilies on two of my three rods when I retrieved at the end of a blank day.

I wouldn't care if these dimwits only screwed-up their own fishing - that's their privilege - but they screw-up everyone else's fishing, too.

And I can't be accused of "bashing" carp anglers because I've been known to have the occasional dabble for carp myself....

Elton I am sure that you are aware of Carpers that are making up their own G/B as to buy it is ridiculously expensive. I am trying to be UPFRONT and get sniped at with everything I say.

and if I repeated his statement to riparean owners about the committee being made up of matchmen!!!! If he wants the other side - a lot of multi lake waters have set aside a lake for "Specimen Carping" and the amazing thing is that is the lake that gives the most trouble, possibly as it is the most popular lake on the site and is overfished!! I am tired of Carpers telling ordinary anglers that "Carping is the only way to go"

MPBDSU - I will be 63 on the 4th of next month and have been fishing since I was 7!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription