Two Tone gets fatter

Peter M

Could not agree more John; a bit of unity is what we need not division.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kleinboet:

I am tired of Carpers telling ordinary anglers that "Carping is the only way to go"

With the utmost respect, Kleinboet, who on earth is doing this, and to the extent that you're 'tired' of it?

I have to say that I've never seen that statement on here or in the printed media, and I've yet to hear a carper say it?

For what it's worth, it's a stupid statement but I'd still like to know where it's been made to the point of nausea.

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Did you READ this thread? I mentioned something that happened and was crucified for it!! I am being told that too many BOILIES and G/B is NOT caused by Carpers, but by matchmen.

All I want to do is go down to the water and, hopefully, catch fish. I DON'T want to target Carp and I DON'T want to fish a match!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

There can be no doubt that since a certain carp angler started writing diary articles in a certain carp magazine that the use of large beds of bait has escalated dramatically. I`ve seen it with my own eyes too many times this year.

I could use the bait they spod out for one weekend and make it last all season and probably catch a lot more fish.........

If you don`t like the practice then do as I have done, move away from the waters.

As far as record chasing goes, everyone and his dog is after bigger fish. Its a fact of life that we want to improve and in our eyes its numbers on a dial that make someone a better angler than the next guy. Sad but true.

As for the next record venue/fish, if by a miracle the `Eye` turned up at Sonning and broke the record by a few pounds where do you think eveyone would want to fish? Exactly the same happened at Redmire and thats classed as the birthplace of modern carping........some things never change.

wolf.gif

This thread has gotten a little too something - emotive, silly, contentious, something.

I have looked carefully into my crystal ball and cannot see any sort of good future for it so I'm killing it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President