Biggest non carp fish caught?.....

Dave H

So you are out fishing for carp and somethingelse homes in on your line or perhaps you have gone with corn or maggot. Maybe put a float out with a big worm in the margins.

What have you had non-carp and what size range?

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

I think my largest was a buffalo that ran a bit over 30 pounds.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hawk,

We have two. First, my largest ever freshwater fish was an Alligator gar (80lbs). Does it count that I was fishing "WITH" carp and not for carp?

And, I pride myself on being able to "target" buffalo (both Smallmouth and Bigmouth) but sometimes you just get unlucky and catch a 40 - 50 lbr whilst carp fishing. (Actually, my PB buffalo is a Smallmouth at 47 ish). We have them, buffalo, to the low 80's if you wish to dream.

Carp not so big. The "OUTSIDE" 0.2% of our carp might weigh 50. We don't have a "good" head of "guppy" carp in North America. 50 is really IT!

Phone

Hawk,

Well WAIT! I didn't think this one through very well. I have any number of flathead catfish, blue catfish, lake trout (char), salmon, river sturgeon ,- - - - - - GEEZ! maybe a list would be in order. Not because I'm very good - more like we are very "blessed" in NA with lots of natural bounty.

Phone

My favorites are the carp, gar and buffs.

Hawk,

Well WAIT! I didn't think this one through very well. I have any number of flathead catfish, blue catfish, lake trout (char), salmon, river sturgeon ,- - - - - - GEEZ! maybe a list would be in order. Not because I'm very good - more like we are very "blessed" in NA with lots of natural bounty.

Phone

My favorites are the carp, gar and buffs.

I love it. I can't really see to much else over here on boilies being taken. Maybe a big Tench or somethin but fish them with Wrigglies and worms who knows it often makes me wonder what can lurk in these big carp filled bait waters. i bet there is a 20lb Tench out there in one of them :D

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

i bet there is a 20lb Tench out there in one of them :D

I wish Hawk! sadly though I very much doubt it! I say that with quite some certainty as if you research all of the tench ever caught over 13lb NOT ONE OF THEM has been a healthy fish! All have been suffering from some illness/condition.

When you ask about other fish do you mean ones that have been specifically targeted or ones that have came along whilst fishing for carp? :unsure:

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I love it. I can't really see to much else over here on boilies being taken. Maybe a big Tench or somethin but fish them with Wrigglies and worms who knows it often makes me wonder what can lurk in these big carp filled bait waters. i bet there is a 20lb Tench out there in one of them :D

I've had eels, tench, bream, rudd, roach and pike on boilies, oh and a trout on corn whilst fishing for carp in the UK. I've also had both sturgeon and catfish on boilies in France, although my largest cat was caught in Spain using a modest sized live bait.

Rob.