Wheelbarrows/Bedchairs

Guest Howard 13

Guest Howard 13

Did anyone see in Anglers Mail the article in which it tells you not to bother spending lots of money on a bedchair,but buy a wheelbarrow from B&Q and sit in it.

Has anyone ever tried this or is it taking the pee out of carp anglers?

I thought carp anglers were supposed to be top of the tree when it comes to designer tackle.

Lets hear what you think.

Howard.

Guest dishyfishy

that just really made me laugh so much that i'm going to buy the mail just to read that in i'm goig down b&q's to try it and may buy a shovel to fry me eggs on

Guest activeviii

am i right in thinking julian cundiff wrote a little piece about short seeson angling and he used a barrow as a chair. i use my porter as a guest chair with aboard and unhooking mat on it..

------------------

...phil...

keep it tight.

Guest Bent Rod ?

Being in the building trade I have spent many a wet day in sheds sitting in a wheelbarrow and quite comfortable they are too. Sad life in the building trade. redface.gif

------------------

Ivor Benten

Bent Rod = Tight Lines

Guest Vagabond

Good thinking - purchased two wheelbarrows, one for my gear, one for me. Only problem is, how to get from the car park to my swim......

WANTED Two strong and willing wheelbarrow pushers - applicants should study the front cover of Mark Cunnington's "Syndicate Part 2" to get an idea of what qualities the appointees might be expected to have. cool.gif

Guest Andy Thatcher

Nope not extracting anything. I have just fished a water that is a mile walk to. I use my trusty wheelbarrow ! Could never carry enough gear and food for 4 days so the barrow is invaluable. Not certain about using it as an alternative seat though I can report back to you in 2 weeks as I intend to go back again.

Cheers

Andy

Guest Gaffer

Hi all, I use a converted barrow, it cost me £24 for the barrow (pneumatic tyre)and £6 to convert it.

Basically I took off the top part and put on a wider 3/8" thick ply base and back-plate.

I also use it as a seat when eating me curry! rolleyes.gif

------------------

All the best,

Gaffer