Theives

Guest Bent Rod ?

Guest Bent Rod ?

Just be robbed by some low life who when through both my cars on my driveway last night. Lost all my tackle accessories floats,shot,feeders every little thing I had collected over the last 14 years also my camera. It was not insured in the backseat of the car and I can't afford to replace it. Life's a BITCH. Just had to tell someone. frown.gif

------------------

Ivor Benten

Bent Rod = Tight Lines

Guest FishinMad2001

**** **** That is such a bitch, I feel really sorry for you mate. Did you have any rods or more expensive items of tackle taken? It just goes to show, always insure you tackle that means the most to you! frown.gif Lucky for me nothing like this ever seems to happen in Ireland....

------------------

Tight Lines,

Tyrone, http://www.tackleshop.co.uk/

Guest Bent Rod ?

The rods and reel were in the shed but it's the other thing that make them work.

------------------

Ivor Benten

Bent Rod = Tight Lines

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

I know this is of little comfort to you but i'm sorry to hear what happend! frown.gif

All i can suggest is to get round the local second hand shops on tues/weds give the thieving little B*stards time to sell on the gear.

I used to be a manager of a big second hand shop in Stafford & if anything was ever stolen we would be the first port of call for the investigating officer(s).

If it was stolen over the weekend they would call on the tues/weds to give the thieves chance to sell it on to us the gaffer was a clever bloke & had a vid camera installed so we could catch anyone selling anything on video! smile.gif

The only other thing is to check out the bootsales in your area & not just in your town go to the ones within a 5/10 mile radius because the b'stards who stole your stuff might not be as stupid as to sell it in the same town!

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

Guest Fatboy

Bent Rod?

I am truly sorry for you. I've been there.

3 times in 5 years I've had my garage broken into. The first time, they broke ino the car and via the back seat into the boot and had my briefcase and £2k's worth of instruments went walkies, not to mention a set of Wilson

golf clubs and a Powakaddy.

Last time they had my son's 'hospital' fish tank away but smashed the door frame and the cables on the door.

I don't pretend to know your circumstances, but I've got a couple of match rods and 4

quite elderly fixed spool reels you're welcome to have if it eans you'll be able to get out fishing. E-mail me and we'll see what can be done.

Life's a bitch.

Alan

------------------

Semper in excreta - solem alta variat

Guest Gaffer

Hi Ivor, what a nightmare, I've got a couple of rods, reels and bank sticks, what do you need?

C'mon folks, go through ya garage, let's get Ivor back on the bank!!

------------------

All the best,

Gaffer

Guest Gray-Catchpole

sorry to hear that mate, i had all my nets stolen from the front door a few years back, one small pan net, a deep carp net, and my keep net, i was lucky i had put the rest of the gear in the house, when i went back out the nets where gone, i learnt my lesson, everything comes in with me at once now.

------------------

Email:

Guest activeviii

i been in you boat to ivor, you just want to catch them and drag a size2 barbed thought there b***s.

had my kit go twice in 3 months and the police knew who it was but with out proof there was nout they could do and they wouldnt tell me the names so i could sort it and make shore it didnt happen again but it did to my mate a few doors away2 weeks ago .

just under 10k in the last 14 mounths. i wish i had some old'ish or spare kit that you could have to get you back on the road.

lifes a b1tch and then someone nicks that too.

------------------

...phil...

keep it tight.

[This message has been edited by Gaffer (edited 24 June 2001).]

Guest John S

It's a known fact that in many cases, the thieves have followed their victim home from the venue, and have watched where (s)he stores their tackle. For that reason alone, I always keep all my tackle in the house (with the exception of the bait box full of maggots....). Surely our other halves wouldn't object to our keeping a few hundred pounds (or even grands) worth of tackle safe in the house. That's where mine is, I can see all my rods right now, and I'm sure the dog wouldn't allow strangers into the house biggrin.gif

------------------

John S

john@go-fishing.co.uk

ANMC Member - Get the best out of fishing, join today.

Guest Bent Rod ?

Cheers everyone you've all just given me what I need, the will to get up and start again.All my rods and reels were safe in the house but I had left a couple of bags plus a waistcoat with all my accessories in.Just about all my hooks,floats,feeders,shot,headtorch,camera etc.you get the idea. It all adds up,£500+ I reckon, too much to replace all in one go.

It's going to be a slow process on a needs basis but i'll get there.It does knock you back but the sympathy and encouragement from my mates on Anglers Net helps me get back on track.Once again thanks everyone and Gaffer.

------------------

Ivor Benten

Bent Rod = Tight Lines