Severn and Teme Barbel

Guest jonathan

Guest jonathan

Hi guys, I am considering a trip out west to the Teme or Severn tomorrow and would appreciate any reports on how specific areas have been fishing for Barbel. I would prefer to target numbers of smaller fish rather than a lump.

Guest paul mc

hi johnathon

ive just got back from the severn caught all my fish in the middle of the night(check barbelers diaries thread). I only caught one perch during daylight hours, tho there where a few small chub on the top when the sun come up.

regards paul mc

hi jonathan,me and my mate fished the teme for 5 days solid last week.we caught 3 barbel a few chub and a few grayling.it was really tough.we noticed that the barbel are still spawning(we were watching dozens of them on the gravel one day)we think that this was why the fishing was hard as the river was in perfect shape.good luck.we fished at tenbury and clifton.

Guest STEVE POPE

As a matter of interest, the Barbel Society has acquired two new waters for this season, one on the middle Severn at Hampton Loade, and another on the Teme at Bransford.

These are both excellent fisheries and are open to all Barbel Society members who purchase the required season permit.

Good Fishing.