Also robbed

Guest jimbobby

Guest jimbobby

I was also robbed yesterday when fishing at my local pond when 7 or 8 black boys approached and took all my gear and there was a man fihing next to me who helped me get some back. He got my rod back but they ran off with my tackle box and kicked over my maggots.

Guest NickInTheNorth

Hi Jimbobby

What gear did they manage to get away with? What have you got left?

Did you report it to the police, I know it's unlikely, but they may be able to do something.

Nick

Guest Gray-Catchpole

hi jimbobby

sorry to hear that mate, as i put on the other thread, i have had stuff solen from my front door.

if you possibly can always try and fish with an adult, this will generally prevent this from happening, most of the people who do this type of thing are cowards, and wont even approach you if an adult is present.

i know this doesnt help for your present position, but its something to bare in mind for the future

all the best and smelly nets

------------------

Email:

Guest Fatboy

I e-mailed Bent Rod? who had had his garage broken into.

You are not that far from me, and if it helps, I've got a match rod and 4 old fixed spool reels to which you are welcome if it helps you get back fishing.

I am aware from your other threads that you're a student. Please try to fish with an adult - especially if you're fishing a South London water. I used to work in Roherhithe and was scared to walk outside during the lunch hour - let alone after dark!

Alan

------------------

Semper in excreta - solem alta variat

Guest mpbdsnu

That's real bad news old lad mad.gif Good advice from fatboy there - and you would be wise to heed it. It would be great if others could pass on some old kit to get you round your initial problem, unfortunately I have already gone through replacing mine and still doing it, but have nothing spare at the moment! frown.gif

Guest Bent Rod ?

I feel for you Mate, to have things stolen in the night is bad enough but to have them taken by force must be much worse. Try not to let it keep you down, get back and enjoy something that keeps giving you great moments

all through your life. smile.gif

------------------

Ivor Benten

Bent Rod = Tight Lines

Guest activeviii

some one said about not doing it to adults!

i have hear of instances where a carp angler has awoke in the morning to find a lump of wood next to his bivvy and his rods and pod gone.

------------------

...phil...

keep it tight.