Early exit from night fishing!

Guest jimbobby

Guest jimbobby

I have just got back from my local pond. I was intending to do night fishing with my mates Frank and Billy it was the most boring fishing I have ever experienced. There from 9pm till 5 minutes ago the only thing that I caught was a cold.

I desperately need some advice on what baits to use for CARP and TENCH?

Please reply if you have any methods, tips, advice, baits etc......

Thanx

Guest Elton

Jimbobby,

Giz an idea of the venue you're fishing, what's in it and how you're fishing it at the moment.

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Save Money On Your Fishing...

Click Below

Cheap Fishing Tackle

Guest activeviii

get a good size sack of maize and hemp, mix in some sweet corn and keep the bait going into a few spots for a few days, then set up quitly and float fish it, if you get the bite and cant hit them then change over to ledger and see what happens.

------------------

...phil...

keep it tight.

Guest activeviii

get a good size sack of maize and hemp, mix in some sweet corn and keep the bait going into a few spots for a few days, then set up quitly and float fish it, if you get the bite and cant hit them then change over to ledger and see what happens.

------------------

...phil...

keep it tight.

Guest Gray-Catchpole

my fav for the last few years has been sweetcorn abd chichen mash(or luncheon) cocktail hair riged, meat first and make it slightly bigger than the corn, and put a few corn out as freebies, but no meat. hope this helps.

------------------

Email:

Guest paul mc

Hi jimbobby

When fishing for tench i have always found that first and last light times are usually most productive. Tench are also known to feed on the bottom(usaully), and around features like weed beds, overhanging trees,around ledges and gravel bars.

The best way to fish for tench is by fishing on a waggler(IMO)or pole about 6" overdepth with a smallish weight about 5" from the hook, so that both the weight and the hook are on the bottom.With regards to bait i have found that casters, pellet paste, soft pellets and corn in that order are best(if corn is used a lot on the water then the fish may become wary of it).Loose feed either red pinkies, hemp, micro pellets or casters, dont be afraid to throw in a fair bit off loose feed especially at the start of a sessoin , and then feed acording to catch rate. If the tench are feeding then i would normally use about 1lb micro pellets, half pint of pinkies a pint of casters in a 5hr session.

If the fish are under 4lb then i would recomend 3lb line straight through, if the fish are between 4-10lb try using 6lb line with a low diameter hooklenth(about 4lb).Use a size12 hook if you are using paste and a 16 if using casters.

If the lake is a large lake then groundbait may be a good idea.I usaully use whizzzo stench, brown crumb, dried blood or bloed meal(van den eyde) and loads of casters and pinkies or micro pellets.if i am going to use ground bait i normally throw about 4 balls(slightly larger than a golf ball) in at the start and again feed accordingly to bites.If these dont work try fishing about 1-6" of the bottom, tench will normally forage around in silt etc for food.

These are tactics that i would use on a lake that had plenty of features to fish off and that was between 3-9ft deep.Deeper lakes would require different tactics i.e polaris,feeder or ledger.

Hope this helps

regards paul mc(ANMC)

[This message has been edited by paul mc (edited 24 June 2001).]