What is the most you will pay

Guest Darth_codhead

Guest Darth_codhead

What is the most that you will pay for a day ticket when you do not no the place at all

Today p payed £4.50 for a bad days fishing to many rules >last week fished for free and had the best Roach fishing of my life

------------------

Sheffield online sea fishing club

http://www.sheffield.i85.net

Darth

Guest The Tangler

£4.50 for a ticket? Thats cheap some of the water around my way will set you back £30.00 plus a day ticket.

As for you having a bad day maybe if this was your first trip here you need to learn how to fish it ie: what baits to use, rigs etc.

OR just maybe it's because your a c%*p angler.

------------------

PETE.

Fishing in Kent and the south east.

http://thetangler.homestead.com

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Darth I've payed a lot more than £4:50 to go fishing before now & i've blanked!!

Instead of moaning on about it i tried to figure out why i blanked & the answer was simple:: I hadn't been there before so i didn't KNOW the water IE what tackle/method or bait to use!!

The next time i went i had a hell of a day & all because i asked a few questions!!! smile.gif

As for the rules how did that stop you catching? confused.gif?

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

Guest paul mc

the most i have paid for a days fishing was £8 for two rods and i thought that was expensive, but if i had caught one of the catfish out of there then i would have thought it was money well spent.

money does'nt always mean better fishing.

------------------

Regards Paul Mc(ANMC)

Guest Darth_codhead

There 3 ponds and canal

Pond 1/ 24 pegs Saw a few laegeish bream took out and a few skimmers and roach not the fish you would expect

Pond 2/ there was a match in it rules were scraped best bag 5Lb a Carp ( thay had cone from leeds)

pond 2/ Carp poollots of fish moving lots of people fishing few geting court

Canal/ no reports

the bait i took was

Corn 0 bites

tares 6 nice roach

maggot skimmers & roach 12

trout pellet 0 bites

casters 0 bites

pinkes 6 small fish

i was catching better than most

Guest Keith
Originally posted by Darth_codhead:

Today I paid £4.50 for a bad days fishing - too many rules.

Last week fished for free and had the best Roach fishing of my life.

£6 is the average I pay for a day ticket - certainly it's round about the normal price in N. Yorks.

But I've paid more than that (up to £10) for 1 rod for 1 day.

If it doesn't work out I put it down to experience - and might or might not return to that fishery. But I make a point of remembering that all waters have bad days - as do I.

I can't see the equation between how good the fishing is and the price that's charged.

I've had some brilliant days for nowt: but I've also had some fabulous days that cost a few quid - the price of the ticket proves nowt, and is an irrelevance.

If you could point me at a water that guaranteed the day of my life avery time I fished it, I'd pay £20, £30, £50... you name it.

But if it was that good

a) I'd likely never get a ticket, or

B) I'd do it once and never come back.

Oh - and given that I never break rules - what does "too many rules" actually mean?

There's plenty of rules involved in driving - bet you still drive though!

So, what was your point exactly? wink.gif

------------------

Keith

Blyth,

Northumberland

mailto:keith@go-fishing.co.ukkeith@go-fishing.co.uk

http://www.wacac.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Keith (edited 25 June 2001).]

Guest activeviii

alot of the waters around here are 7 quid for

aday and 12quid for 24hrs.

another place i fish is £15 aday , no nights.

have a look at the linear lakes site at the prices there and not evertone catches there.

i pay £5 for 2hrs in the evning at one place, but thats the price you pay to get in on the fish.

as for rules most of them are made to try a stop the fish from coming to harm and made by none anglers. IMO the best rules you can have is use you common sence and leave it tider than you found it.

------------------

...phil...

keep it tight.

Guest Chris Plumb

Belonging to 2 clubs Reading FC and Newbury AA I've got miles and miles of the Kennet and more still waters than I could possibly hope to 'learn' in a lifetime. All for well under a combined price of under 90ukp per SEASON.

For this reason, and becuase I have no need to, I generally eschew day ticket waters unless it allows me to have an experience I wouldn't get on a club water. Such as grayling fishing on the Upper Kennet in February might set me back 25ukp for a day (nearly as much as my Reading ticket for a year) but worth every penny. biggrin.gif

So my message is join a club - you'll also get a 'say' in the what rules you have to obey (providing you attend its agm!!)

Chris

ps - Keith - alt plus 0233 gives you é !

Chris