one person to a peg no fishing in between pegs

ETC. ETC.

are there to many rules

------------------

Sheffield online sea fishing club

http://www.sheffield.i85.net

Darth

Guest BarbLess

Gotta agree to the No keepnets and barbless only ones, and won't cost you extra. The fishing pegs one seems unclear, but with so many selfish carp anglers casting to spots they SHOUDN'T, is probably why it is imposed.

50 inch landing net...slightly overdoing it in my opinion. No sweetcorn? dunno why that is, seems strange.

Guest Darth_codhead

You can use sweetcorn But you can not take it in a tin

thay are all true ones

one to a peg commen sence what if you are teaching some one

------------------

Sheffield online sea fishing club

http://www.sheffield.i85.net

Darth

Guest Keith
Originally posted by BarbLess:No sweetcorn? dunno why that is, seems strange.

Is it not more likely that the rule is no tins?

It's a rule my club has too, purely because of the the number of a**eholes who think that the right thing to do with an empty can is dump it in the grass beside the peg!

mad.gifmad.gif

In fact, of the rules Darth quoted, the only one I don't get is the "geet big keepnet" one.

To be honest, I don't think that list of reules is at all excessive or unreasonable.

And I can't help but feel that people who complain about "too many rules" are often the kinds of people who make the rules necessary in the first place!

If you weren't considering breaking them, why are they a problem?

------------------

Keith

Blyth,

Northumberland

mailto:keith@go-fishing.co.ukkeith@go-fishing.co.uk

http://www.wacac.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Keith (edited 24 June 2001).]

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Well said Keith!! smile.gif

I think the rules are there to help keep the FISH healthy & in excellent condition & not just to P*ss you off!

As for the tins ruling i can see why its there, I always use a spare bait box for my corn or any other bait which comes in a tin/packet!

What i can't understand is how come certain anglers don't mind carrying tins etc to the water (ie when full) but won't take them away at the end of thier session (ie when empty)? Surley they are going to be lighter at the end than the begining? confused.gif

If we were allowed to fish how we wanted (& this isn't aimed at anyone) imagine the ammo the anti's would have! frown.gif

If you don't like the rules don't go it really is as simple as that!

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

[This message has been edited by ALAN FAWCETT (edited 24 June 2001).]

Guest The Tangler

Like it or not the rules of the fisheries are there for a reason.

At the end of the day it's simple, if you don't like the rules then don't fish there.

The rule about no tins is a very good one as too many people tend to chuck there empty tins in the bushes etc leaving wildlife at risk of harm.

------------------

PETE.

Fishing in Kent and the south east.

http://thetangler.homestead.com

Guest paul mc

rules in my opinion are not always there for fish welfare. Sometimes(IMO) rules are there to discriminate against certain types of angler or to generate more profit. I am in a club where most of the rules regarding methods and baits used are there to stop people carping ie no floating baits,no nuts or beans of any sort, no boillies no pellets and no pastes(to name just a few).These rules dont really affect me as i am a pleasure angler and i can quite happily fish without breaking them.

Certain fisheries ban some baits unless you buy them of themselves the only difference is the price.

I dont have a problem with rules but i think some places do go over the top.

------------------

Regards Paul Mc(ANMC)

Guest Darth_codhead

The sweetcorn tin XX%*%*%X off

i always have 2 tins of corn 1of meat in my box

If i go fishing to a new place ( most people do not no the rules befor)with that rule i can not open the corn OK!!!!

if i go to a new place with corn and meat in a box with out that rule and meat and corn DO NOT work you are down 3 tins for no reason

thats has cost me about £1+ over one year its a lot of money

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Darth man use your head!!!

If you're going to a new place do what most people do & RING first then you can find out about the rules!!!

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

Guest Steve Randles

Daft...Tins rule should by now be obvious to you...If a fishery owner makes a rule that you dont like...vote with your feet...dont go there in other words.

You should be doing research into fisheries by now before even turning up, so you can folow the rules accordingly...

As Alan says...what is the problem with opening a tin at home and placing the contents in a baitbox/plastic bag? If you dont use it on the day, you can freeze it so that the bait is not wasted.

Phone the local tackle shop before going to a new venue, and get the info before setting out, this way you will be under no illusions about rules before you even set out...

Problem solved..

------------------

Tight Lines,Steve Randles

Anglers Rest

mailto:Anglersrest@go-fishing.co.ukAnglersrest@go-fishing.co.uk