Too many Rules

Guest Darth_codhead

Guest The Tangler
Originally posted by Darth_codhead:

The sweetcorn tin XX%*%*%X off

i always have 2 tins of corn 1of meat in my box

If i go fishing to a new place ( most people do not no the rules befor)with that rule i can not open the corn OK!!!!

if i go to a new place with corn and meat in a box with out that rule and meat and corn DO NOT work you are down 3 tins for no reason

thats has cost me about £1+ over one year its a lot of money

Darth

What are you on?

if the corn or meat don't work your down 3 tins for no reason?

You don't know untill you try and thats all part of fishing, sometimes it works and sometimes it don't.

What next winging that you spent £2.00 on a pint of maggots and they did not work.

Geez Darth you realy do need to get a life.

------------------

PETE.

Fishing in Kent and the south east.

http://thetangler.homestead.com

Guest Keith
Originally posted by Darth_codhead:

if i go to a new place with corn and meat in a box with out that rule and meat and corn DO NOT work you are down 3 tins for no reason

thats has cost me about £1+ over one year its a lot of money

Eh?

YOu own a freezer, yeah?

Freeze the stuff when you get home - problem (not that there IS one), well and truly solved!

------------------

Keith

Blyth,

Northumberland

mailto:keith@go-fishing.co.ukkeith@go-fishing.co.uk

http://www.wacac.co.uk

Guest Darth_codhead

Steve

when i get a car later this year

most of the time i point the car and drive till i fined a place i (like pond river canal etc)

so i can not call or go for a look befor

if i don't like the rules i don't fish

Guest waterman1013
Originally posted by paul mc:

rules in my opinion are not always there for fish welfare. Sometimes(IMO) rules are there to discriminate against certain types of angler....no nuts or beans of any sort,....

Paul

We have the "no nuts or pulses" rule in our club, simply because too many anglers were fishing them without preparing them properly and this was damaging fish. None of our carp anglers find this a limit on their fishing style or catch rate.

Occasionally a new member, who has not bothered to read the rules, fishes with them and nearly always they are not prepared. Rather makes our point, doesn't it?

Mike

Guest activeviii

darth!

if your getting a car this year why dont you leave the tins in th car with a spare bait box if the rule says no tins and you need corn then go to the car and open a tin and put the empty in a placky bag and bin it at home(or chuck it out the window on the way home .LOL)

we have rules on my club water saying no ground bait or throwing old bait in at the end of the day becuase there was to much bait rotting in the margins.and no hooks under size 16, no lines under 6lb! so the likes of barbless and waterman can back off as there are alot of rule out there that carpie and noddy have had plced against them.

if the rule are there matey then there is a good reason for them . personlly i fish waters with out to many rule becuase i cant be doing with the reeling in of placed baits every few hour to make sure i using barbless or such like rule.

------------------

...phil...

keep it tight.

Guest Steve Burke

This is a good topic, albeit one we've discussed before.

As a fishery owner I can see both sides of the arguement. IMO, rules have to be both for a good reason and also enforceable. The fact that some competent anglers catch more than average on a particular bait or method I don't count as a good reason!

Thus I'm against bans as a matter of principle. For instance, the only bait ban I have at Wingham is on nuts. This isn't because poorly-prepared nuts can damage fish. As I run Wingham as a syndicate I have control over those who get a ticket, and I don't believe any of my members would fail to prepare baits correctly. Rather the reason for the ban is that carp in particular love nuts but derive little or no benefit from them. Whilst their guts are full of nuts they'll eat little else and thus fail to put on weight.

The rules at Wingham start with the following principles, and any members breaking them are deemed to have broken the rules. I can tell you this totally stops "stroke pulling"!. All rules are then tested againgst these principles, and any ideas that are put forward that fail to meet these principles don't make it onto the rule book.

1) Every member must do his or her utmost to avoid damage to fish, wildlife or the site.

2) Members must not interfere with the enjoyment of others.

I'll finish by saying that if you fish a water you should also obey the rules. If you don't agree with them, (politely) ask the owner for the reason behind them. If you still disagree with them, tell him why, and assuming that he won't change the rules either accept the decision or tell him you're going to vote with your wallet and fish elsewhere.

For instance, there was a water I used to fish regularly where on arrival one sunny day last March the bailliff told me I now had to leave by 6pm even though sunset wasn't until after seven. As the best time for big perch in the winter on this water is at dusk I refused to buy a ticket. He was gobsmacked!

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm