adams mill

Guest scoobs11

Guest scoobs11

according to the times adams mill is going for £10,000 for a 5 year lease.

they quote steve pope as saying "you can be sure that the barbel society will be putting in a bid.

we will do everything we can to stop the water falling into the hands of a small syndicate"

so does that mean the barbel society is a big syndicate and thats all right ?

------------------

if you can't be good

be careful

anmc founder member

Guest Peter Waller

The Adams Mill lease is, if I understand things correctly, at present held by a club. In the past it would have been considered unsporting for another club, for example, the Barbel Society, to bid for the lease in a competetive manner. If there is only one bidder, the present leasee, then fisheries leases remain low. Enter into competition & prices soar. However, if the present leasees no longer require Adams Mill then its an open market. The NFA has a rule re bidding for waters already held by a fishing club. Its a rule that has stood by anglers for a good few years. It would be nice, albeit a tad naive in this day and age, to expect ALL fishing clubs and societies to abide by it

Guest trent.barbeler

Hi All,

£10,000's for five years eh.

That's interesting.

I myself could easily afford twice that amount and would be confident of at least 50% return for my investment.

I can tell you know, I'm frankly not interested. But; Ten grand is peanuts given the amount of money an investor could easily get back in five years given the venue involved and its popularity.

If I know that, just how many more out there are there who recognise a good deal when they see one? And; Are prepared to stump up the cash?

See just how things can spiral?

Clearly, this sorry business is going to get much worse.

Sad indeed.

Regards,

Lee.

if the society get the lease then perhaps every member should boycott it without everyones money they cant afford it

anyway will it be voted on at any meetings they hold as im sure a few of their members belong to the clubs that currently hold the stretch

Guest Paul Williams
Originally posted by framey:

if the society get the lease then perhaps every member should boycott it without everyones money they cant afford it

anyway will it be voted on at any meetings they hold as im sure a few of their members belong to the clubs that currently hold the stretch  

The controling club aint going to be controlling for long, unless their bid is accepted!!.....if the BS take over then Joe Bloggs has more chance of fishing than if a chosen half dozen piles in with the cash!!

Bet the price has already gone up....or it will if the agents get to hear of this thread rolleyes.gif

Guest shrinktube

It will be interesting to see how the barbel society will handle Adams if indeed they are successful in their bid. The farmer apparently isn't keen at all on the numbers of anglers that fish it at the moment under the MKAA. 1200 or so members fishing three swims...that should be interesting! Or Steve would the society "syndicate " from within to limit the numbers!...sounding a bit similar to Kickles ? Suerly not...the society are dead against any form of syndication. Oh course not the ones that they have on the Severn, or the Teme or indeed the private one on the Kennet that i think is virtually all commitee members because they don't count!

P.s i beleive the figures quoted in the press are not £10,000 for five years but £10,000 per year. I say this as i beleive there is more than one bid going in for in excess of £6000 per year already. And that is just one of them. Ihear on the grapevine that the money will not be the deciding factor as to who gets Adams as the farmer has indicated that the numbers are to be kept as low as posssible. How can the society proceed with a membership at around 1200 or so?

Oh well as long as who gets it looks after the fish i shouldn't matter, so may the best man win. Anyway Steve has said on many occasion that "those Ouse fish are worthless and not credit worthy" so why the society interest at all? ...oh sorry that was a few sessions ago....its all changed now that Steve is fishing for them himself. When did the unworthy barbel become worthy Steve?