Buying maggots ?

deanbmw

MrMatthew:

I have never NOT bought maggots in a plastic bag, if you know what I mean!

I've ALWAYS bought maggots in a plastic bag, I think is what you meant :)

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

MrMatthew:

In fact the question is, now that its warming up and I will likely leave my maggots in the boot for 4 or 5 hours, should I leave em in the bag or take along my boxes......??

Past expereince is that when left in their bags the stop moving a sweat less, but as it gets warmer who knows?

Your asking for trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get yourself a cool bag/box and a load of them blue ice packs.

Store your maggots, one pint to a two pint box with plenty of maize flour or sawdust and a bit of flavouring.

Store the boxes in the box/bag in your boot.

Once you get home / fishing venue give them a riddle.

As the weather warms up and the maggots start to sweat they can climb out of bait boxes, let alone plastic bags (unless sealed).

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

My local tackle dealer actually keeps plastic containers with a lid on them in case anyone forgets their bait boxes and doesnt charge you for them

when you think you know everything think again....

As a kis I always took my maggy boxes when buying maggots, after a break from angling I was surprised that the shops started selling them in plastic bags. However its no big problem for those that prefer them in bags, take your box to buy them, then transfer them into the bag remove the air, and you have them as you prefer. No problem :)

SteveH

I always taking my maggots boxes with me when buying large amounts of maggots.

So what the big deal about a tackle shop refusing serve you if you don't bring your maggot box?

They are the ones to lose out when you say "it that the case then, I will go elsewhere"

[ 06. April 2005, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Burgess ]

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

I think plastic bags should be banned! Its like tins of sweet corn, you see empty maggot bags everywhere!

Here fishy fishy.......

140 hours of blanking at Carcus!! 2 carp runs and countless bream .

Anyone wanna chat about fishing and help a keen begginer - msn messanger - craynerd@hotmail.com