Anglers net waters?

Dave H

I for one would love for this thread to continue with some very rough ideas coming about for a fish in. I couldnt make the most of Wingham due to having about 2 hours sleep the night before so I was not in the best condition for being really sociable :D

I also had to leave after just one night as I didnt have any holidays left at work. Got a new job last November however and have much more holidays at my disposal so I am very much up for a fish in this year once baby has been born. Sadly I don't have the time nor know a venue that would be suitable to many to organise one myself.

My preferred fishins would be either a predator fish-in or a fly fish-in. Preferably on a natural water. Maybe if people suggested what they would like to do via a poll then someone may come forward with a suitable venue?

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orvis, eh? Not sure I like the sound of that, I bought Katie a Shakespeare Trion and hoped that would be the end of the expenditure! :D

We had a go on grass, and got to the point where she could put out all the line she could aerialise but wasn't really shooting much. Then we had a go on a little loch in Scotland with wind and rain, and it didn't really work.

Steve

When I say new it was my relatively new Orvis Western 2 9'6" 6# but it is her second Orvis rod and will replace her 9'6" 6-7# Airflo MT. We could always do a husbands and wives AN fish in at a suitable put and take venue, is there any thing near you Sue and I are willing to travel?

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

We could always do a husbands and wives AN fish in at a suitable put and take venue, is there any thing near you Sue and I are willing to travel?

Dam you Tony! Myself and Anderoo are allready arguing over which one will have to wear the wig and dress! :o

Mind you I suppose we both could? :rolleyes:

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Dam you Tony! Myself and Anderoo are allready arguing over which one will have to wear the wig and dress! :o

I am sure you will both look very fetching.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Typical isn't it - always turning up in the same outfit :rolleyes: Even more surprising as the wig was a chest wig.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I feel another AN Poll coming on :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Steve

When I say new it was my relatively new Orvis Western 2 9'6" 6# but it is her second Orvis rod and will replace her 9'6" 6-7# Airflo MT. We could always do a husbands and wives AN fish in at a suitable put and take venue, is there any thing near you Sue and I are willing to travel?

There are a few, yes. There's Watermark, Churn Pool, Bushyleaze and Lechlade, all small stillwaters. Then there's Farmoor reservoir. Of those, I like Churn Pool and Farmoor, because they have catch and release options. I think Katie would baulk at knocking anything on the head :)

Churn Pool fishes well through the winter but is quite small. Farmoor is pretty bleak in the winter, and while the boat fishing can apparently be superb, the bank fishing can be quite challenging - think fast sinking shooting heads. Anderoo and I fished it too early last year and struggled, though the chap chucking a shooting head into the distance did all right. Having said that, if the mild weather hasn't killed off everything in the margins, it might still be OK. I'm quite keen to try boat fishing there - and I believe that there is an option to fish catch and release on F2 from a boat which is not available from the bank - but I guess we would need 50% of those attending to know what they are doing fly fishing from a boat.

I think something like bank fishing Farmoor in April or May would be a good day out. They allow 15 bank anglers a day on F1 (catch and release with the option to take a single fish) with loads of space on F2 for catch and keep for those who want it.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/great-d...r-t1431128.html

A day at Farmoor would be an easy one to organise, nice idea Steve. I really enjoy our days there each spring (not so much that foolhardy outing last February!) and as you say there's plenty of space and choice for people. Big, strong fish too, quite a few now over 5lb and if memory serves me correctly a biggest of just under 9lb that thought it was a salmon!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music