ghosts, paranormal

The Flying Tench

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only from when i was very small. Certainly nothing in the last 30 years. I did however watch Derren Brown's excellent program/investigation into an American "Ghosthunter" over the weekend.

If you've never seen it, it is available to watch on 4OD.

Ken

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I will swear down i saw three hooded figures going past our bedroom door in our old house 26 years ago, my father in law had passed the day before.

And i had not been on the ale.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Only from when i was very small. Certainly nothing in the last 30 years. I did however watch Derren Brown's excellent program/investigation into an American "Ghosthunter" over the weekend.

If you've never seen it, it is available to watch on 4OD.

Ken

Haven't got time to watch the Derren Brown at present, but presumably in his normal way he showed it all to be fake or explainable?

Someone I know has had remarkable premonitions of accidents etc which it would be very hard to explain away, but I can't give details because of confidentiality.

I was once asked to 'exorcise' a factory. Machines breaking down in ways that didn't seem normal - regularly and costing a packet; and ghostly figures on the night shift, which could perhaps have been explained psychologically if a rumour had been going round about what had been happening to the machinery. I felt right out of my depth, and I don't believe what actually happened was exorcism in the strict sense, but following my visit I understand all the phenomena immediately stopped.

john clarke

Haven't got time to watch the Derren Brown at present, but presumably in his normal way he showed it all to be fake or explainable?

Someone I know has had remarkable premonitions of accidents etc which it would be very hard to explain away, but I can't give details because of confidentiality.

I was once asked to 'exorcise' a factory. Machines breaking down in ways that didn't seem normal - regularly and costing a packet; and ghostly figures on the night shift, which could perhaps have been explained psychologically if a rumour had been going round about what had been happening to the machinery. I felt right out of my depth, and I don't believe what actually happened was exorcism in the strict sense, but following my visit I understand all the phenomena immediately stopped.

if he did it was fake or explainable? :D

the human brain likes to be in charge if it cannot make sense of something it will make it up until it does and then let the owner see it ;)

just what are you "exorcising" when you do it? ghosts or naughty machines? ,my car does strange things i "exorcise" it with a spanner a haynes and an hour or so .

if its ghosts train them to fix things i'm sure "god" has the power but it seems he only allows bad things to happen .

when you exorcise ghosts where do they go ? all to hell for being a nuisance or are they rewarded for it by going to heaven?

does your friend predict before or after the occurrence ;)

i can predict some time this year a plane will crash and it will have red on its tail fin and people will die

tell Rhandi before and he will give you plenty money ,so far no-one ever has

http://www.randi.org/site/

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

This goes back to 1973 and may just be coincidence but it definitely happened.

It was the first day of a new job as a sale rep for a drug company. I had travelled down to Basingstoke to pick up my brand new ford Cortina.

In those days not every car had seatbelts, this was the first car I had owned that had them. They were not inertia reel but had to be pulled to tighten.

I was driving back to Essex, weather was light rain and traffic was fairly light when I got a very strong feeling to check my seatbelt. I remember reaching down to pull on the loose end to pull it up tight (it might just have been the novelty of having one) The belt was as tight s I could make it, pulling me back into the seat and much tighter than you would normally have it for comfort. A few hundred yards up the road an oncoming vehicle suddenly and for no apparent reason, veered across the road straight into the front of me. I later found out that the other driver was a customs officer who had been working nights and had dozed off)

My new Cortina was a write of with the front wing just below the windscreen. I had a dislocated thumb from the steering wheel and some light bruising over the collarbone from the seatbelt.

What would have been the outcome if I wasn't wearing a tight seatbelt? Who knows. These days they have automatic seatbelt pre-tensioners that do the same job :rolleyes:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

..... of stuff that appears inexplicable from a solely materialistic worldview?

No - that's in 77+ years (ok, knock off 4 for when I was too young to notice)

...and for many of those years I have spent a lot of time outdoors after dark - often alone.

.....but have witnessed the amount of harm that preoccupation with the supernatural (that includes everything from ghosts to gods) can do to people.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Well if you mean he didn't prove ghosts or the supernatural exist, no he didn't - but that's hardly surprising.

As to your friend and his predictions, lots of potential modalities for this sort of supernatural stuff have been proposed but in something like 150 years of serious looking, not a single proven specific example of the ability to predict the future has been recorded.

There have been lots of eerily accurate but non specific prophecies but they are only found to fit the facts after the event.

If your friend is for real (I'm very, very skeptical but open to the possibility) he would open up huge new areas of study and possibility and win Nobel prizes for whoever he chose to collaborate with. I would suggest that he starts recording his prophecies in great detail before the event. This will either support his claims or provide a body of evidence for his delusions that might persuade him to seek medical help.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

All,

What an odd thread.

I was thinking just moments (about a quarter to 7 my time) before Tench posted that someone should start a thread about "ghosts, paranormal, do you [anyone had] have any experiences.

I said it would probably be Tench that started it.

Phone

Had a poltergeist experience back in about 1970. I am pleased to say the wife (girlfriend then) witnessed it with me :huh: From then on kept an open mind on such matters. !!!

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy