Where did you start

Guest Mike_pk_Waters

Guest tony jolley

I feel better now!!!!

Looks like "THE LEEDS AND LIVERPOOL ANGLERS CLUB" Is growing.

------------------

Tony B.T Jolley

Guest Mike_pk_Waters

Looks like we need a two leg comp, one at keston and one one the L&L canal. Seems a shame the soft souherers will win so easily but we did start on the best pond in Kent.

biggrin.gif

Mike KOBC

------------------

Life is not a dress rehearsal, enjoy it

Guest chris mc

first time went fishing was in sefton park but didn't catch nothing.i stuck at it and learnt on a lake in widness was full fish (clossed now though)i used to see are paul bagging up while i was catching nothing (other way round now lol)and allso hallsneed park which i still fish alot.

[This message has been edited by chris mc (edited 23 July 2001).]

Guest Rob Ward

Danzante - I'm not sure what you meant by that last comment?

I cant think of another water in the area where I can regularly catch as many Carp as I've put on the bank at Halsnead over the last few seasons, good sizes as well for the Merseyside area!

Guest phil dean

Leeds liverpool canal at Bingley, though I caught nothing, one short practice session for minnows on the aire and then back to the bottom of the 5 rise, a netful of gudgeon and perch later, and i've never looked back.

3 L & L boys

------------------

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Guest fish slime

i started in Canada.i went there to visit family and my uncle took my to a river.i caught loads of fish.pekeral and musky i think they were called.thats how i started.the first week back from Canada i went to the tackle shop and baught a small rods and reel.went to the canal and caught nothing for about 3 months and then summer came.stuck with it ever since.

happy fishing

fish slime

Guest **sam**

i first fished the grand union at langley, berks with my dad when i was small. by the time i was old enough to catch his bait (my apprenticeship) he had moved onto wraysbury 2. i learned how to mix groundbait and feeder fish off the causeway in the early 80's.

then, my dad became a bailiff on wraysbury 1, so i took my pole and maggots with me over there. i used to bait up with mashed bread and sit for the weekend with my dad knocking out skimmers, perch and roach.

talk about jump in at the deep end!

i *have* been back. certainly to wraysbury 2. as for wraysbury 1. well, one day!

i do love these big colne valley gravel pits!

**sam**

Guest mpbdsnu

Never fished Keston, however I have had a look around there - though this was a number of years ago. Went for a walk with the missus (when we did that sort of thing eek.gif ) whi is from the Bromley area - Coney Hall, near West Wickham.

I began my fishing on the River Nene in Northampton as a kid, cycling down to Beckets Park or Midsummer Meadow on a Saturday morning with my mates - brilliant days!

Guest Paul Williams
Originally posted by Nutter:

Hi All,

My first time was in 1960 being taught to fish for eels in the Wye at Breinton. Then went fishing on the Lugg just outside Hereford. I had a break from fishing in the early 70's then started again in 87. I went back to the Lugg and it hadn't changed and like everyone else the memories came flooding back. When I went fishing all those years ago it was always with my mates, I tend to fish solo now, but I could still vividly recall the great fun we had,as Mike said it was like stepping into atime warp.

Nutter.   smile.gif   smile.gif   smile.gif

Nutter,

The Lugg never changes does it? probably my favourite river of them all on a theruputic scale!(cant catch a 5lb chub there though!!!)

My "blooding" was the Severn at Ironbridge...i was 4or5 so it would be 1959/60.....jees that was a Looonnngg time ago!!!!!!!!!!!!