Otter

JV44

maybe the anglers need to spend more time looking at there float or swing tip and then they would catch plenty of big fish

i think htey spend to much time looking around to see the otttrs and dead fish and so miss all there bites and then think the otteres have eating them all

how many people every really see ythe otters? only the ones who spend all there time looking for them and not enought time fishing

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

how many people every really see ythe otters? only the ones who spend all there time looking for them and not enought time fishing

:D Maybe you have a point

Edited by AddictedToScopex

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Guest redfin2
in the non angling world "fluffy" always wins over "slimy" ,never seen an otter perhaps the "explosion " is in the head?

All Balliffs should be aware of the Otter, the carnage can happen over night, suggest you keep a 24/7 vigil, in the meantime look for Otter Poo, and suspicious dead fish, etc etc, a modern head torch will reflect the Otters retina, be careful out there, they are at a pond near you :help:

they are at a pond near you :help:

And more than likely have been for years if not decades without anyone realising. Just because someone sees an otter does not mean it's suddenly appeared out of nowhere, it just means it's the first time it's been seen!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I'm having quite an interesting chat with Admin and Lee Swords (?) at the moment...have a gander if you can get a chance before it (inevitably) gets wiped off...

...on the comments section of his blog linked earlier in the thread by John.

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Guest redfin2
And more than likely have been for years if not decades without anyone realising. Just because someone sees an otter does not mean it's suddenly appeared out of nowhere, it just means it's the first time it's been seen!

I find that hard to believe, decades you say? The Otter was re- introduced only in 1999 and they are difficult to miss, certainly not too shy of man, certainly they would not be too difficult to spot on a still water.

Are you suggesting that the Otter has been around pre 1999 and they have just escaped out attention? I have been fishing for a good number of years and I have only just seen my first Otters some two years back, on the Warwickshire Avon.

However, perhaps those that understand the Otter better than I could state whether the Otter resides on a still water or is it only Rivers?

Edited by redfin2

I find that hard to believe, decades you say? The Otter was re- introduced only in 1999 and they are difficult to miss, certainly not too shy of man, certainly they would not be too difficult to spot on a still water.

Are you suggesting that the Otter has been around pre 1999 and they have just escaped out attention? I have been fishing for a good number of years and I have only just seen my first Otters some two years back, on the Warwickshire Avon.

However, perhaps those that understand the Otter better than I could state whether the Otter resides on a still water or is it only Rivers?

Otter re-introductions started in 1983 and ended in 1999...

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

All,

First, I hope this thread is not the only record of human existance on the planet for future anthropologists.

Having only visited a hand full of times of course I'm not familiar with the overall enviroment in England. But I'd bet if a venue is inundated with crayfish it may very well not have a hint of otter.

Equally, Worms, your otter are not particularly nocturnal or fearful of human presents are they?

Phone

Equally, Worms, your otter are not particularly nocturnal or fearful of human presents are they?

Phone

Largely yes...on both counts!

I'm having quite an interesting chat with Admin and Lee Swords (?) at the moment...have a gander if you can get a chance before it (inevitably) gets wiped off...

...on the comments section of his blog linked earlier in the thread by John.

Dash it all...I've been banned now... :(