Angling Quotations

Guest Chris Plumb

Andy, thanks for pointing out your sig....what a lovely quote.......I often "hear the music"..... and I am glad to say, that at last, after so many years, so does my wife :)

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Andy, thanks for pointing out your sig....what a lovely quote.......I often "hear the music"..... and I am glad to say, that at last, after so many years, so does my wife :)

Den

I wish mine did! She's more of the 'concrete it over and build a Starbucks' persuasion...but there's still time to cure her :D

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Looks like I will live forever then :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

Not exactly angling but...

A quote from the Chairman of the North East RFERAC

"the committee (RFERAC) is neither set up to

be democratic nor to be representative"

Tight Lines,

Wearyone

I thought mans allotted span was 3score years and 10??

Leon..."A glorious waste of time"...I thought you were referring to the book :) :)

Den :)

Edited by poledark

• 1 year later...

I was reminded of this quote - whilst peering down at the Kennet from a bridge over my lunch today - and consequently reminded of this thread from way back - just had a very enjoyable evening re-reading it - I'm sure others will too....

From Rod & Line by Arthur Ransome....

"The pleasures of fishing are chiefly to be found in rivers, lakes and tackle shops, and of the three, the last are least affected by the weather. The sight of rods in a window bring a fisherman to a full stop as surely as the sight of a bridge."

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog