Trebles for carp

Guest Richard Capper

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Ok Ok c'mon now fellas eh?

Lets not get arguing please (i know i normally start them but this is different)

First things first

BT no offence taken mate & i will take you up on that offer one day (but only if you supply the black pudding n mushy peas) + a few pies biggrin.gif

will we go fishing off wigan pier lol tongue.gif

Second

I can't quiet understand how we got around to tying hooks from a thread that started about trebles (+ my post about not fishing for pike or zander) confused.gif

Alan(nl) (Dad) tongue.gif

I never tie my boilies to trebles for carping or barbeling i glue em on or they come off with the pendulum cast biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif (oh that was a joke lads ok)

Steve (eelfisher) as you know we post on another forum & i've gotta admit mate you ,tony N lee really crease me up with ya storys of your fishing trips (can't help thinking of bloody red indians now biggrin.gif)

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

my sites here

[This message has been edited by ALAN FAWCETT (edited 14 September 2001).]

Guest Alan Taylor
Originally posted by ALAN FAWCETT:

I can't quiet understand how we got around to tying hooks from a thread that started about trebles (+ my post about not fishing for pike or zander)  confused.gif

Alan, it is my fault and I apologise. When I read the original thread I thought that this man had a serious problem hooking carp and was looking for justification for using trebbles. I got it quite wrong and in the process tried to help him to understand that if a hook is tied in a certain way it will hook the carp in the bottom lip 99% of the time I did not know that he knew how to use this method of tying hooks until he told me that he could tie a hook.

I must apologise for getting things wrong and stupidly trying to help some one that knows this little trick already.

Secondly, I just knew (see my original response) that I should not have responded but took the chance that a fellow angler needed advic/help. It is an error that I will not make again. That should save me some time on AN.

All the best

Alan(nl)

------------------

ANMC Founder Member. Support Anglers Net & reap the benefits, join ANMC today.

Guest tony jolley

Alan fawcett!

may I call you Trogg?

I know loads of pie shops around here, But!,

believe it or not when the Eelinghedghog paid a visit they were all closed. first time ever.

We actually could fish off wigan pier if you like!, there are pike in that area of canal.

But We wont be lieing in the grass as its all cobble stoned!!!lol

Any time you want to go let me know Alan (Trogg?)

------------------

Tony B.T Jolley

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Alan (Dad)

Just because you made a simple mistake don't stop trying to help people ,i'll admit the hook turning thing isn,t new but i'm surprised how many people don't know it!!

Tony

All my friends (even virtual ones) call me Trogg so why should you be any different??

In all honesty I would prefer the posters on here to call me Trogg for the simple reason (as Alan (nl) posted earlier) there are so many of us Alans on here it should be renamed Alans Net biggrin.giftongue.gif

------------------

TROGG (Alan)

my sites here