JANET v PAUL....THE REMATCH

Janet

Hi Colin,

Give the woman a treat. You won't regret it!

I've got the new 12' Shimano Beastmaster Commercial floatcast rod, and it's absolutely lovely to use. She'll love it! Cost more than I intended to pay, but worth every penny! The adjustable weights in the butt are easy to use, and balance it perfectly with whichever reel I decide to use on the day.

Not only that, it also lights up with a pretty pattern when the sun shines!!!

I paid £99.99, but then I'm a firm believer in supporting local tackle shops. However, Paul told me the other day that he's seen it for about £60 on the Interweb thingie...

Still, I don't begrudge a penny of it, as it really is very, very nice, and as you may have read, it's made a lot of difference to my fishing recently! I love it! It's a sweet piece of kit!

On second thoughts, maybe you should let her carry on with the old junk! If she gets one of these, she'll probably outfish you!

Janet

Right. I've had enough. What was a friendly match is now outright WAR!!! The gloves are off Paul! Gird your loins and prepare to do battle....

I've just received a letter from my friendly (pah!) Club Administrator, to inform me of the AGM coming up shortly, requesting to hear of any matters I may want to put on the agenda.....

Following a round-up of club news and meeting information, I read this....." Another feature on the pond is the walkway (jetty) being built in front of peg six. This will be a slow build due to work being carried out by one person. When finished, members will be able to walk across the pond from peg six to fish the island in the centre, although plans are afoot to continue this jetty across to peg twelve...."

I do believe that Paul is running scared, and trying to cast doubt on my ground baiting technique. Janet's Jetty is still a work in progress! Luckily this comment was confined to just my letter, so I don't have to answer to the other members. However, I feel I am being unfairly victimised for my superior angling skills, and will be looking to whoop his sad ass when we go out tomorrow!

I'm off to bed now - he can't beat me during a day session, so he's making me get up at three in the morning to get an early start! Men.....can't live with 'em, and we're not allowed to shoot 'em....

Any hints or tips that would enable me to exact retribution would be gratefully received!

Janet