Pike Anglers: Compulsory Courses?

AddictedToScopex

Pike Course  

51 members have voted

1. 1. As an experienced pike angler would you object to having to attend a "handling/Unhooking" course prior to being able to fish a water for pike?

• NO
    • YES

I have been fishing since I was about ten, and I have never been made to produce my fishing licence if they cant enforce one thing the cant enforce another, how will the rod licence fee cover it all? An increase probably, I am sick of being tickled with the same feathers as morons,

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pole Pos,

I'm not sure about the mechanics for pike fishing in the UK but most posters imply this will or would be something imposed by the governing members of a syndicate where pike fishing is expected.

To me, that sounds even worse. I've never seen two angling "experts" that agree on a "how to" about anything - especially when the experts are part of a committee of experts.

I don't think anyone who favors a "lesson" want an EA set of regulations - - - - - DO THEY??

Phone

I learn't to Pike fish and how to handle them via YouTube, an interclub tutorial day and forums before I had a go at dead baiting.....

Fish Welfare is Alway's Paramount!!!

My first ever Pike had me very close to messing my pant's - but I landed it and it swam away without a problem after 2 mins in the net....... :fishing:

• 2 months later...

Ardon,

W E L C O M E !

This thread is really old and quite long. Introduce yourself in the "new members". We're glad you are here.

Phone

He posted 6th of January mate its considered old again. Where you been all that time :P...............

For what its worth I would be glad to see this kind of thing done on my local canal as some of the handling skills are absolutely dire. There's only so much 1 person can do to help and I can't be there all the time :(

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk