too much pressure

zedhead

Zed

I get the impressio from reading the style of your posts and from your profile that youre not that old.

Well from that I reckon I've been piking a lot longer than you and there are folk on here who have been piking a lot longer than I have.

So if I was to take your post literally then you would be,to me anyway, one of those newbies to piking that you seem to want banished from the riverbank. See why people took umbrage with your remarks?

To try and insult people who in a light hearted way were saying if you have a problem with the number of pikers, try removing yourself from piking and that would mean one less piker to worry about, was merely pointing out the deficiencies in your argument. That was a mistake on your part and if you re-read the post I'm referring to then you may be able to make amends.

I'm often amazed by the gall of some anglers who make a living out of pike fishing and its spin offs and commercial activities who then complain about the growing popularity of piking. We should'nt fall for that one because if we did then the only people fishing would be the so called expert elite

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nicely put brian, it seems that wel just have to agree to disagree. I have been piking for a decade, not that long when compared to the likes of you brian but in that time i have seen some cherished places ruined, my opinion is only formulated by my observations, is not a dig at carpmen but merely a gripe with the way my fishing has been effected and it is for the worse. as for ol jeepster, his opinion doesnt concern me at all as i doubt hes qualified to comment on the state of pike fishing in england. is nev fickling a village idiot? i think not.

Everyone who has a fishing licence has a right to go pike fishing. No one of us can decide who can, or can't go piking. I don't think that Zedhead was suggesting otherwise.

The pike, unfortunately, has become a victim of its own success. Anyone of us who has ever written about piking, sold fishing tackle, introduced a friend to piking has to share some of that that responsibility.

The fact is that UK piking is in decline, and I think serious decline. It will level off as lack of success deters anglers from piking, its inevitable. As Zedhead has said, over the last three years piking has deteriorated as more and more people take to pike fishing.

Zedhead, the village idiot that I was refering to is rather closer to home than dear old Nev. Rumour has it that said idiot goes 'ooooooooohhhhhh arhhhhhhhhhhhhh' everytime an aircraft flies overhead. Nev only goes 'oooooooh arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh' when a train leaves the engine sheds, or Gord Burton catches a thirty.

[ 09. September 2005, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

good job it wasnt Nev peter, id have to tell him and id hate to grass you up (you can see why i thought it might be nev,). cheers for not sticking you nose up at the idea and rubbishing it pete, or taking offense! if thats the general reaction, i might only make controversial statements like cormorants should be inland or immigrants should be allowed to eat our fish or even that there are too many pike anglers, crazy stuff eh.

Its a pity that you hadn't bought the current issue of P&P, Zedhead, yours truly had had a go at the excess pike angler syndrome. Possibly Nev will comment and doubtless there are those who will disagree.

Zedhead

You have a point of view..fine, but I must say your comments regarding idiots, noddy anglers, and to dismiss a poster to f*** right off, because he dares to challenge your ill thought arguments is just not on mate!! If you feel the need to do something for your sport, why don't you educate? Think before you reply..and enjoy what we all have, freindship and fishing.

Neil

zedhead:

jeepster,

i have no right abouve the next man and youve missed my point, my sport is being spolit by there being too many anglers now, that were not there 3 years ago. if i am not allowed to make this point without offending the likes of you then [edited by John S]!

as for p+p, its my must buy mag, some gerat articles. and if i came from notts jeepster, i wouldnt be making remarks aboy brain  cells!

who comes from notts? not me, must be your lack of brain cells that caused you to make such a mistake

despite you claiming that (and i quote) 'i have no right abouve the next man and youve missed my point' you still refer to it as 'your' sport and blame newcomers for spoiling (and i quote again) 'your' sport. this does infer that you wholeheartedly believe that you have more of a right to fish for pike than anyone who hasn't enjoyed the sport for as long as you.

you haven't offended me zed, i've been out of nappies long enough to not get offended by what idiots like you post on forums.

as for village idiots, you know what, i think we may have found a new one

[Just edited out a comment in the quote. John S :) ]

[ 10. September 2005, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: John S ]