one weekend Boat/shore to catch a 20 (pike)

danny2391

You'll be lucky !

Consistent big pike waters are hard to find and easily destroyed by descending muppets so posting details on an open forum would be dumb.

You might get a few generic replies like "The baltic" or "Scotland" or "The broads" but I'd be amazed if anyone is more specific.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

If you had one weekend to catch a 20 (pike) where would i be ??? (uk) Boat or shore !

Esthwaite ;) from a boat.

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Chew would be a good option if you can get a ticket ive tried for the past couple of trials and no tickits yet some guys I no get five days in a row. Try targeting your local rivers I expermented with a new section of river since october seen no other anglers and had one twenty one just under and adout twenty differnt doubles so might be worth targeting your local river.

Chew would be a good option if you can get a ticket ive tried for the past couple of trials and no tickits yet some guys I no get five days in a row. Try targeting your local rivers I expermented with a new section of river since october seen no other anglers and had one twenty one just under and adout twenty differnt doubles so might be worth targeting your local river.

i have never caught pike in a river and would like to try it, the main reason for this is there are no pike in my local rivers but if anyone knows of any good rivers for up north i,d be glad of the help !

I,ve heard tell of a young lad doing ok on mokerkin have you heard about that ?

See the last posts in the 'summer pike ban' thread

U never know a little place like that just might have a monster lurking, grown fat on all the 1-5lb carp they have put in there!

Edited by Emma two
"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Danny, in the more heavily populated parts of the country they seem to be wary of telling of anywhere good fish come from for fear of those places becoming overfished.

Have you tried Windermere? 10 1/2 miles to go at, you just have to be prepared to dodge the ship like cruisers and the fleets of smaller tourist craft.