river isbourne, gloucestershire ...

grayling4me

hi all. im new here so be gentle with me ;) i live in gloucestershire, not too far from the river isbourne, and i would like to know where i can get details about fishing it. ive looked on the net without success and wondered if anyone here fished it or had any suggestions ?

tia

Hi grayling and welcome to Anglers' Net.

We love new folks with questions. Otherwise the site would be just a few old timers swapping the same stories over and over and .... :D :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest redfin2
hi all. im new here so be gentle with me ;) i live in gloucestershire, not too far from the river isbourne, and i would like to know where i can get details about fishing it. ive looked on the net without success and wondered if anyone here fished it or had any suggestions ?

tia

Hi Welcome!!

Lovely little river, and the bit I know quite well is the where it runs through the Winchcombe area, I have spent quite a few hours peering into her shallows and spotting the odd brook trout, but there seems to be not much else other than trout or they have escaped me. Access for fishing is very difficult as it passes through private land mostly, apart from a right of way path in Winchcombe . I will fish most small streams but the bit of the Isbourne I know fishing would be just not worth it. I have never sen an angler on the banks.

However I meet occasionally a EA worker who does have access to a stretch and he said that it was good when the river was up in the Winter for Dace and would give me a ring....he never did :D When I next see him I will ask! I suspect this would be near the confluence to the W.Avon.

The Isbourne is unique as it flows NORTH.

If it's Grayling you want the Teme and the Lugg would be a better bet :)