Halfords Reserve & Collect

Elton

A few weeks back, I recall somebody here saying they'd had a 'mare with Halfords Reserve & Collect.

I used it again today, having used it in November, and it was even better this time. They actually phoned me from the store to tell me that the item was there. And it was only a £20 item!

When I got there, I needed a couple of other bits and the assistant was knowledgeable and helpful. Credit where credit is due, Halfords on the Ipswich Euro Park have given me good service recently. I used to dread using their stores!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Halfords, waste of space IMHO Elton, i have twice reserved and collected items, and twice it was a total cockup on thier part, first off they tried to pawn me off with a used/shop display tomtom, and secondly when i ordered bike parts, toatlly wrong parts.

The service, what a waste of time, every time i have been in the shop, its like waiting in a queue a mile long, only there are no bodies in the queue. The operative look at you as thought you had two heads, or i got this " oh sorry its not my department " , or. yes its just at the bottom of the aisle, on the last display ?? what aisle, there are three buggers in front of me.

Needless to say, they wonrt be getting any more of my cash. Marks out of 10. a big MINUS 10 from me

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

I wonder if it's purely down to the store itself. This one near me is superb and bears no resemblance whatsoever to your description.

Tesco are a bit like that - the one near us is dire, but I've been more than happy with other branches.

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Could be.

The last time i went into the store, i got chatting to a chap, we had the same response, where's the door, leave, LoL

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

The worst thing about Halfords are the prices. My local motor factors is half the price. A battery I bought for my Volvo cost less than the one my mum bought from Halfords for her metro. It's twice the size and a proper named brand. Same thing with bulbs, oil, wiper blades etc.

I'd agree its down to the individual stores I've been to a couple where the staff have been very helpful and one store where the service was down right Shiite. The main problem i've found is the website does'nt seem to be kept up to date with stock levels, several times I've reserved stuff on line to collect only to find that when I've gone to collect it they haven't actually got the items in stock even though the website says they have.

The worst thing about Halfords are the prices. My local motor factors is half the price. A battery I bought for my Volvo cost less than the one my mum bought from Halfords for her metro. It's twice the size and a proper named brand. Same thing with bulbs, oil, wiper blades etc.

I use motor factors for parts, too. This weekend, I wanted a little tyre compressor to keep in the boot, as my current car has a 'store-flat' spare and the original factory compressor was missing. Fortunately, I timed it well, as they had a 30% sale on that range :)

I work in currys and we have a reserve and collect system and it can be a pain sometimes the system doesn't update and let us know before the customer comes in so we don't have a chance to ring and let them know. Lol I would say the problems we normally face are system related rather than staff, I do enjoy when customers come in and complains that A we don't have the item and B we hadn't rung them and it turns out they didn't provide us with a number lol

www.prostate-cancer.org.uk Real Men Know About It