SACG ?

Guest RobStubbs

Guest RobStubbs

I'm just curious really as to peoples awareness, or not, of the SACG. I guess, thanks to Elton, people are at least aware of the group since it's in the left hand frame.

For those that don't know there were problems surrounding the communications and division of workload in the group such that the chairman and treasurer (who do 90%+ of the work) had tendered their resignations. A meeting was held this w/e just gone and whilst I can't publish details at the moment, the outcome was very promising and the future looks more rosy. A press release will be issued soon and it will be posted here straight away.

So watch this space if you are interested in what the developments are and check out the SACG pages if you haven't already.

Rob.

Originally posted by chris pledge:

Hi Rob, I thought SACG was a freshwater group only, or am I wrong?

Hi Chris,

They are, but this site hosts their presence on the net, as well as promoting sea fishing issues through the new SACN initiative.

By having one forum for all angling conservation issues, it is hoped that some lively debate and positive progress can be made in the future.

Besides, some of us do both biggrin.gif

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest RobStubbs

Chris,

I would have to say that the SACG is only freshwater in as far as the affiliated groups goes. As Elton said there are many people (myself included) who fish for sea fish as well. Certainly as far as the angling shows go we get interest from sea, coarse and game anglers. The SACG would not be the right group for things such as conservation of sea fish stocks - there are other groups much better at dealing with these kind of issues. I like to think that while not directly involved in saltwater conservation we still have an interest in it.

Rob.

Guest Leon Roskilly
Originally posted by RobStubbs:

Chris,

I would have to say that the SACG is only freshwater in as far as the affiliated groups goes. As Elton said there are many people (myself included) who fish for sea fish as well.

I'll go along with that Chris smile.gif

I too was at the SACG meeting on Sunday!

Tight Lines - leon

Sea Anglers' Conservation Network

Guest chris pledge

I get your drift, my mistake. Besides, we need a more co-ordinated approach to conservation.

The sooner all the major bodies get together and represent angling as one, the better it we be for all of us!

UK ANGLING - just a thought?

It might have a few Government departments scurrying about at the thought of all those votes going begging?