Hello UK

severus

I arrived in London from Chicago on Thursday with a good friend of mine for ten days of vacation. Haven't been here since 2002; the wife doesn't like air travel so I'm here with Fred. Today we arrived in Preston via train to spend a few days with friends, then on to Edinburgh. I hope to see a few more castles and Roman ruins before we depart, and quaff a few more pints. Anyhow, it's good to be here for a visit once again. Cheers! :)

Ken

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Severus

Have a great time, you have got here just in time for the cold snap and travel chaos.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Gonna do any fishing while you are there Ken?

Either way, it should be fun.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Welcome back to the UK.

Please note:

1. In the UK if someone asks you for a Fag they mean cigarette... ;);)

2. In the UK we drive on the left... :o:o

3. In the UK football is not the USA version of Rugby.. :P:P

4. In the UK sailors are no longer given Limes to ward off scurvy.. :D:D

Besides that have a great holiday and hopefully some decent weather too.

we can also hear accents at great distances so if you have one dont use it

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

No fishing, Newt, it looks restricted even had I brought my gear. Ziggy, I've not driving. And I look both ways before crossing streets.

~ Mark Twain

Well, farewell to Lancashire and Yorkshire, hello Edinburgh. So close and yet the accents are worlds apart, at least from this Yankee's perspective. What lovely country on the journey here. And am enjoying the sightseeing and experimenting with various foods.

I believe I will pass on the haggis, however.

~ Mark Twain

Well, farewell to Lancashire and Yorkshire, hello Edinburgh. So close and yet the accents are worlds apart, at least from this Yankee's perspective. What lovely country on the journey here. And am enjoying the sightseeing and experimenting with various foods.

I believe I will pass on the haggis, however.

As a man from south of the wall I can honestly say you don't know what you're missing.

Tried my first Haggis 4 years ago...loved it.