French to increase bass MLS?

Elton

Be interesting to see the size of Bass that Tom refers to, bet there ain’t many big ones in fact I’d put money on it. Bass according to the EU are an under recovery species the scientist have said time and again the bigger fish are getting fewer. If the effort on the breading stock continues the result is obvious the first thing will be an explosion of small fish followed by a stock collapse. For slow growing fish like Bass that will take very many years before it ever gets back to near normal. Out of interest how many 6lb plus fish have you caught this year and how many under that size?

I understand the only area that the e u are looking for a count is in the south west, again there are no warnings issued, no abnormal restrictions put up. have you checked the landings re a tail off? Only managed two trips on the bass last year, at the time it was one a drift using live eel, big enough to get decent fillets off. I am aware that bass had previously sent out a warning one year that the 'o' class had been wiped out, is this the year that they will be proven correct, or was it a case of bigging up. What are the french aware of that defra aren't. Why did the e u feel that they need to recover is the question that needs investigation.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to be a wind up, no way will french commercials will wear this, they will blockade everything and everywhere, then there is the question of discards in a closed season and discard on the increase in mls everyone fishes in a mixed fishery if the french mms to a 42cm bass size nobody will catch anything,

If closed season and mls happens hugh amounts of all sized bass will be discarded dead along with all the present discards, yeah this is just the stupid madness that european fishery managers do, still the up side is anglers will only be able to land a 1 fish bag limit if in fact they can catch it,

were you bin Steve, ages ago you last paid a visit, don't take such a long time in between visits. Certainly goes against the grain with regards to the french fleet, they either know something no one else does or has let on or as you say a wind up.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

were you bin Steve, ages ago you last paid a visit, don't take such a long time in between visits. Certainly goes against the grain with regards to the french fleet, they either know something no one else does or has let on or as you say a wind up.

Hi Barry

How have you been doing, catching lots of those cod that we cant catch,

Anglers in my marina have done well for them all over the winter nice size fish as well,

I think this french thing is a wind up, I can understand the smaller french boats putting pressure on to stop the winter pair trawl fishery, thats fair enough I have written letters to DEFRA and the EU about stopping that fishery

As for a higher MLS and closed season for bass thats just crazy, it will all end up as discards, if you raise the MMS for codends then you wont catch any soles and we all live in mixed fisheries, its a mexican stand off at the moment things are to some extent balanced,

I have a letter in fishing news this week asking Cefas scientist to do surveys and revisit their evidance on the sexual maturity of female bass, I believe, with the evidance I have that female bass mature at the same time as male bass at about 34 CM's, and they are still spawning into June

Hi Barry

How have you been doing, catching lots of those cod that we cant catch,

Anglers in my marina have done well for them all over the winter nice size fish as well,

I think this french thing is a wind up, I can understand the smaller french boats putting pressure on to stop the winter pair trawl fishery, thats fair enough I have written letters to DEFRA and the EU about stopping that fishery

As for a higher MLS and closed season for bass thats just crazy, it will all end up as discards, if you raise the MMS for codends then you wont catch any soles and we all live in mixed fisheries, its a mexican stand off at the moment things are to some extent balanced,

I have a letter in fishing news this week asking Cefas scientist to do surveys and revisit their evidance on the sexual maturity of female bass, I believe, with the evidance I have that female bass mature at the same time as male bass at about 34 CM's, and they are still spawning into June

Humm Steve, don't give me that, i recon you take more cod than me. :D As for the winter pair trawling, again where are the warnings advice with regards to shortages? If anything guys on the internet are saying that there's hundreds and thousands of the little bu@@ers around. I understand the argument re mixed fishery, however for example, what about the famous 28 tonne haul, how many sole was in that bag i have to ask? They know where the bass shoal and if they wanted to they could quite easily put a stop in place without affecting other stock.

Forgot, what ones do you prefer, mls size or those you can get decent fillets off?

Edited by barry luxton