the perfect chub rod...

lads

was looking at the technium,bit expensive for me just over a £100,altho for 2004 they have brought out the beastmaster feeder range 3tips multi-medium 11-12ft it has a nice parabolic/through- action, the nexave also is simalar,i think its going to be one of them.

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

Baronizer:

Do you reclon the JW Avon Quiver can handle potential 20 pound plus carp on about 8 pound line?  Just that i am getting one of these rods next month.

A modern standard match Rod can 'handle' as you put it, anything that swims in freshwater in the UK. Rods DON'T snap or break or .... whatever! BUT, that is not the point.. you woudn't want to use a match Rod with 10IB + line.... e.g. balanced tackle for fun and efficiency.

Obviously an Avon Rod is stiffer than a Match Rod, so... Go figure. :) .

i have a meddiem ron thomson c14 feeder rod with 3 tips...i have caught a few good chub and barbel to 5 lbs..not to big i know but hey.

it can cast a medium lead or a large feeder accross the river severn but i wudnt fancy using a large lead on it.

hmmmm really

cheers all for the info lads,i think i wil plump for one of the shimano feeder rods,i dont think it wil be much fun winchning in a chub(regardless of size) on my barbel rod,even tho it has a quivertip,i think it wil be more fun on a feeder rod and with the added bonus of changeable tips.saying that before i part with my cash i may well use the barbel rod and see how goes!and yes im very fussy and tight with my hard earned money!

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!