River Ribble Fish In

Rob Ward

I'm coming to the Ribble Fish In  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay £24 for a club card that gives you access to a prime stretch of water where the farmer allows camping

• Yes I'm up for that!
    • No I'd rather fish day ticket lengths!

This Idea was mooted some time ago so I thought I'd get off my backside and organise it.

I'll organise access to day ticket stretches of the River Ribble for the weekend with Stillwater or Canal backups if there's too much water in the River.

The Ribble has good fishing for Barbel, Chub, Dace, Roach and Predators as well as excellent wild game fishing if that's your thing. Pics on my blog may whet the appetite: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Autumn-...1-entry794.html

Best accomodation for location would be the Tickled Trout which is actually on the banks of the river with reasonable rooms for £50 a night, there's also cheaper B&B style accomodation in the area. I'll source accomodation for people where necessary, you never know your luck though a fellow AN'er may even be willing to offer a bed!

http://www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/our-hotel...CFUoifAodSg_x3Q

Edited by Rob Ward

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll most likely put in an appearance...on the opposite bank :P If I don't fish i'll pop over for a chat and maybe give a little advice :)

It should be a great experience for any southern softies to fish a propper river ;)

Just to add some support to Rob I am lucky enough to have the ribble on my doorstep and can vouch for how good it is. Some really great stretches that offer some fantastic sport. As we all know though it isn't all about catching at an AN fish-in and hopefully we can all meet up and have a good chat and put faces to names once more. (And throw some rocks at Ian on the opposite bank :P )

I am aware that some were not able to make Wingham last year due to the distance etc so hopefully having a fish in up north for a change may allow some to attend who may not have otherwise.

I am expecting my first child on the 14th of March so I am hoping that it will come on time and allow me to get to the fish in.

If I had the time to put all the pics up of my catches from the ribble I would do just to whet appetites however it would just take far too long. The barbel in both my avatar and on my personal profile page are testament to what the Ribble can offer and I believe there may be an entry in my blog that features the Ribble too. The Ribble is not a well publicised river compared to some but believe me, there is a reason why people that fish it rate it so highly. It offers something for everyone whether it is trotting for pristine dace or waiting it out for lunking barbel or carp.

All being well I will certainly be attending. I can also help with finding accomodation for people as I may know the area a bit better than Rob. Feel free to ask me anything about it via PM or via this thread. I will be happy to help.

EDIT: Here are a few pics I had on my facebook just to show a taste of the barbel on offer.

era3q8.jpg

w1rbdc.jpg

a5gwp0.jpg

11vml4p.jpg

Edited by AddictedToScopex

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

3rd/4th March Andrew, be good to have you up!

Rob, not promising anything yet, as I said I am tempted. I will have to see if my back will be up to it on the weekend.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Bruv's kindly contacted me offering to sub me the diesel so it looks good guys!.Anderoo if you and another of the Oxford Mafia want to make a long weekend of it we could tie up and I could pick you up on the way up as I would be going in your direction to pick bruv up? Nothing set in stone yet just an idea.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I'll most likely put in an appearance...on the opposite bank :P If I don't fish i'll pop over for a chat and maybe give a little advice :)

It should be a great experience for any southern softies to fish a propper river ;)

Tigger

Pop over from the outer hebrides?

. Is someone pulling my plonker here. A fisherman called Tigger from Hebrides?

I sence naughty Porky pies here? :lol:

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon