River Ribble Fish In

Rob Ward

I'm coming to the Ribble Fish In  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay £24 for a club card that gives you access to a prime stretch of water where the farmer allows camping

• Yes I'm up for that!
    • No I'd rather fish day ticket lengths!

Thinking on the club card that covers the stretch ATS and I fish (see ATS's photo's and my blog it is a lovely stretch of River) is only £24 which is small change compared to the day tickets on some waters!

Would those travelling up be willing to fork out £24 to secure your weekends fishing and I'll square the camping with the farmer?

There's pleanty of water to go at, probably a mile or more and that time of year there won't be many if any other Anglers on?

I could take ticket money via Paypal and leave it until we know the River will be fishable to buy the club cards otherwise we can save it and head elsewhere?

Edited by Rob Ward

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Riverside farm would get my vote. Its not a beauty spot, but its the opposite bank of the nicer spots you can walk to on the shaws arms. Its only really tidal on a big tide. Its private and safe for both anglers and their cars. Their is about 1km of bank to go at, but the best pegs are next to the car park. The banks aren't great, but the well used pegs aren't to deadly and it will fish OK in early march, it did last year. :)

Brian, don't you think the opposite bank to the trout down streem of the bridge would be a good length, it goes all the way down to shaws arms ? That would mean if someone wanted they could fish the trout stretch and if they want to they can cross over and have a go down maltons stretch. From there they could even nip to other dayticket stretches upstream.

Thinking on the club card that covers the stretch ATS and I fish (see ATS's photo's and my blog it is a lovely stretch of River) is only £24 which is small change compared to the day tickets on some waters!

Would those travelling up be willing to fork out £24 to secure your weekends fishing and I'll square the camping with the farmer?

There's pleanty of water to go at, probably a mile or more and that time of year there won't be many if any other Anglers on?

I could take ticket money via Paypal and leave it until we know the River will be fishable to buy the club cards otherwise we can save it and head elsewhere?

I did think that myself Rob but thought people may jib at paying 24 ripps for a season ticket.

You should go Hawk and so should anyone else from the southern territories who's thinking about it. During October 2010 I drove up to fish for grayling on the Eden with Ian (Tigger) and Ste, a 600 mile round trip! It was totally different to fishing the Kennet, the Eden is a huge river with a stony riverbed and little in the way of obvious features. If you picked the right route you could wade to the middle of it, that was scary in itself. I’ve read about Ian’s exploits on the forum and I’d love to go to the Ribble fish-in but I don’t think that existing commitments are going to allow me to get up there.

Me mid-Eden, not a place you want to hang about in if the heavens open;

IMG_4814.jpg

It looks stunning. Rivers really are magnificent in my view more than anywhere we fish. And i would love to but i honestly have no cash. I am hoping to get onto Wingham this year and with that on top of the massive amount of tackle i have more or less had to buy from scratch i just could not do it. I am hoping to put names to faces at wingham this year if i get in on the fish in. Once or if all the money is used up i can see what i have left but at the moment i have got it under lock and key until i know whats happening with Wingham.

Beautiful river and i hope the weather holds up for those that go :)

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

Once or if all the money is used up i can see what i have left but at the moment i have got it under lock and key until i know whats happening with Wingham.

No lock is impregnable especially when it comes to fishing.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

Brian, don't you think the opposite bank to the trout down streem of the bridge would be a good length, it goes all the way down to shaws arms ? That would mean if someone wanted they could fish the trout stretch and if they want to they can cross over and have a go down maltons stretch. From there they could even nip to other dayticket stretches upstream.

Can't say Ive ever fished that bit Ian. It looks to rattle through there when there is some extra water on the river. Would it hold a lot of fish in early march?

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Can't say Ive ever fished that bit Ian. It looks to rattle through there when there is some extra water on the river. Would it hold a lot of fish in early march?

It slows right down a hundred or more yards downstream and is superb...all the way down. I'm amazed you've nevr fished there. That's where I had my pb barb. From the wood down is quite deep as well and a perfect pace. Fat Albert has the opposite bank down to the farm you lost.

It slows right down a hundred or more yards downstream and is superb...all the way down. I'm amazed you've nevr fished there. That's where I had my pb barb. From the wood down is quite deep as well and a perfect pace. Fat Albert has the opposite bank down to the farm you lost.

Ive nearly always been in a club that's why Ian. It must be 25-30 years since I've bought any day ticket on the Ribble.

Edited by lutra

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

I agree Rob that to get the season permit would still work out at pocket change really. If you consider the fact that you would pay £4-6 a day anyway it isnt all that much more to pay for the season permit. Shame it is at the end of the season really as otherwise people could have used the permit again if they found they enjoyed it on the Ribble.

I have never fished that bit you mentioned either I dont think Ian. Unless I am getting mixed up with where you mean. I have fished most of the opposite bank to the southport AA stretch and further up past the farm pretty much all the way up to and including the Elston stretch but never past the bridge downstream of the shawes arms (apart from fishing for dabs etc near the docks). Incidentally I know that around the bridge is where the big bream are if Anderoo decides to break out the bream tackle lol. My brother has had a 13lber out from there. Quite a few snags though.

Personally I would much rather have a do on Elston but I can do that any day of the week so would be more than happy to try somewhere different. The only reason I lean toward Elston is the peace and quiet and nice surroundings and abundance of fish.

I do like to stay on into dark too as I find that is when the monsters switch on in the Ribble and up to about 1am has proven the best time to get them. All but a few of my biggest fish on the Ribble have come after dark particularly on pressured stretches (not including roach and dace).

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

My brother has had a 13lber out from there. Quite a few snags though.

That is one massive river Bream ATS I seriously cant think of another I know of any where near that.Well done to him.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!