River Ribble Fish In

Rob Ward

I'm coming to the Ribble Fish In  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay £24 for a club card that gives you access to a prime stretch of water where the farmer allows camping

• Yes I'm up for that!
    • No I'd rather fish day ticket lengths!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you get on, Ian?

Rob, I posted this on another thread...

I had a mid afternoon to just after dark session today but was a little dissapointed only catching trout , three of em, one on a boilie and sweetcorn cocktail and two on maggot and sweetcorn cocktails. Although I was targetting barbel and chub and didn't want the trout, I have to addmitt the trout where beautifull specimens, quite large and looked in tip top fettle. A fellow bailiff next to me (in the peg I wanted...Bob...your a barsteward lol) had two small barbel about 3lb and 4lb....at least he got the target species unlike moi mad.gif laugh.gif .

...there was about a dozen other anglers fishing (on the stretch I was fishing) and as far as I know appart from the chap next to me everyone blanked barr one other angler catching a barbel of about 5lb. It didn't turn out as promising as it looked !

Nice one Ian it was fishing like this and what you enjoyed the other year that made me want to have a go!

Yeah, it's a pity you couldn't manage the trip, never mind though Budgie, you can come up anytime you like, it doesn't have to be a fish in :) . I think maybe a nice warm summer session may be good for you, much nicer to do an overnighter to.

• 2 months later...
Yeah, it's a pity you couldn't manage the trip, never mind though Budgie, you can come up anytime you like, it doesn't have to be a fish in :) . I think maybe a nice warm summer session may be good for you, much nicer to do an overnighter to.

Was thinking about this before, I'll try again for late summer.

Was thinking about this before, I'll try again for late summer.

Now that we have the baby and everything has settled down I should be able to help out and get down there myself. Congrats on the wedding mate. :thumbs:

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

• 1 month later...
I would be interested in a late summer Ribble trip!! :D

Hopefully we will be able to sort something out when the weather outlook improves a bit and the early season rush is over.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk