I've binned me rods

Leon Roskilly

Sea rods, lure rods, match rods, feeder rods, carp rods.

Some in tubes, some held together with bands, some with reels attached, some in bags.

Then there's the various landing net poles, landing net heads, bank sticks, beach rod-rests etc.

All scattered about, falling over, and generally hard to locate.

Then as I dropped off to sleep I had this idea.

Bought one of those old metal dustbins, and stacked them all in that!

Oh! and a bungee around the dustbin is handy for keeping bankstics etc in order (just slip them between the bungee and the outside of the bin).

It's all so much tidier now, and I don't risk tripping over one set of rods when reaching for another, and the mice can't nibble the bottoms of the rod-bags.

Why didn't I think of this years ago?

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Sea rods, lure rods, match rods, feeder rods, carp rods.

Some in tubes, some held together with bands, some with reels attached, some in bags.

Then there's the various landing net poles, landing net heads, bank sticks, beach rod-rests etc.

All scattered about, falling over, and generally hard to locate.

Then as I dropped off to sleep I had this idea.

Bought one of those old metal dustbins, and stacked them all in that!

Oh! and a bungee around the dustbin is handy for keeping bankstics etc in order (just slip them between the bungee and the outside of the bin).

It's all so much tidier now, and I don't risk tripping over one set of rods when reaching for another, and the mice can't nibble the bottoms of the rod-bags.

Why didn't I think of this years ago?

Isn't that what the gap between the computer desk and the cupboard in the spare bedroom is for? My wife doesn't seem to think so though :P

Rich

A very cunning plan Leon!

I still have a mental image of a lovley garage with draws and shelves and a fridge and racks for my rods.

I'd also like to have £10m in the bank and Kylie Minogue on my, erm, lap, but ho hum....

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

She Who Must Be Obeyed has recently suggested that I might like to keep rods in the porch/vestibule thing. I suspect that this is a ploy to get me to finally get round to putting coat hooks up (to hang my rods from) at which point they will be annexed by her coat collection <_<

Over the years I have accumulated a lot of tackle most of which I never seem to use, I have a brick shed with an old fridge for my bait, all my rods stacked on the walls using nails covered in rubber tubing. and some old chests of drawers for my reels and other bits plus my tackle boxes are on my workbench and my luggage, Nets and clothing is hanging on wall hooks. However in practice the gear that I use most just gets chucked onto the workbench (except for the bait) as when I come home from fishing at 10 PM the last thing that I want to do is sort it out.

And the normal things that you keep in the shed like the mower/garden tools/decorating bits/Bikes etc. just get chucked into a smaller shed at the top of the garden as they are not as important.

But that bin idea of yours sounds quite good.

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Because we all have a range of outdoor hobbies our garage is somewhat full! With the 3 of us fishing there are a lot of rods so we have put lengths of 6" guttering along the rafters with labels on each stating which rods are in them.

They are now off the floor and out of harms way. Also it saves going through a heap in the corner trying to sort out 1 rod. :)

We have cupboards/wardrobes for the other kit now making that easier to sort.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

I came up with the perfect solution......................one type of rod for all types of fishing :) My 3.5 TC carp rods will catch anything from gudgeon to cod :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic