Kickles Farm Syndicate

Guest Graham E

Guest Peter Waller

There are long standing, sporting ethics on test here. Basically its considered unsporting to take a water off another club. Which is exactly whats happening here. Presumably the members of the 'chosen few' syndicate could have fished the water as members of the club that previously held the lease. It boils down to absolute selfishness, total greed and an inexcusable & complete lack of sporting ethics. If anyone takes offence at that then I make no appologies. I think it stinks.

[This message has been edited by Peter Waller (edited 20 September 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Peter Waller (edited 20 September 2001).]

Guest Peter Waller

Hi Lee, I thought I had! Or were you being a tad sarcastic? We live in a changing world and sporting values are changing, but this is, I think, a clear and very backward step.

Originally posted by Graham E:

Now the Syndicate consisting of MB / RW / TM / SM / GR / AB plus approx 6 others are about to bid for Adams Mill what are your thoughts on these superstars.

Graham,

I've got Mills & Boon, Time Machine and Sado Masochism, but what do the other initials stand for?

tongue.gif

Elton

------------------

Save Money On Your Fishing...

Click Below

Anglers' Net Members Club

[This message has been edited by Elton (edited 20 September 2001).]

This is a difficult one for me and I suppose others. I have read all the postings and heard the various arguments put by both those involved and still can’t make my mind up, other than to say that this doesn’t feel right. Anglers join a club to fish stretch of river then take over said river to fish it exclusively denying others the same chance to fish it that they originally had, all because they want to catch big barbel.

The names mentioned are those of successful well-respected anglers, many of whom I held in high esteem.

Many say change is inevitable with the popularity of Barbel fishing, but not all change is good at this is the worst kind as far as I am concerned.

To those who say it doesn’t matter, perhaps when these people move on and they will eventually, and perhaps join your club, you may well have a different outlook.

I have no doubt that more big fish will come out of the Ouse and the record will go probably to the first fish over 20lb, but I suspect to a lot of Barbel Anglers out there this fish will not have quite the same merit, if that is the right word, which will be a great shame.

Can we not now report our catches for fear of this happening on our rivers… who knows, but I for one will remain silent.

Lee

My question is one of why? In what regard will a record be held when there is only 10 people that can catch it?

I suppose this goes on in all forms of fishing, coarse and game.

I understand others fish for different reasons to myself, each of these guys have a seperate motive to catch the first 20. I'm not even going to try and say what these motives are.

I just hope and prey that the fish on my favourites stretches don't grow too big.

I know how I would feel if denied access I was denied access to my favouite bits of the Dane or Ribble.

D

Guest Graham E

Well as one of the other members is a bait paste seller, and if it was his bait that caught the 20 it would be good commercial sense wouldn't it.

I guess we would all want to buy the bait....

(cept me of course)

And if the MB had a brother that was also a member that would keep it nicely in the family wouldn't it.

In my opinion there is a major difference if the water is available to a club/society that does not have a "invited guests" only rule. Also there is the view that should a landowner initiate the "selling off" then that might be fair.

The word glorry hunters springs to mind.

Wouldnt it be nice if the first 20lb barbel was caught on a day ticket stretch of river.

To me catching a 10lb barbel on a small river like the dane would be a lot more satifying than catching a well known fish from a well known spot with a well known bait.Each to there own i suppose.

------------------

Regards Paul Mc(ANMC)

Guest David Johnson

Although I've never fished Adam's Mill (I don't feel skilled enough yet) it's the closest stetch of the Ouse to my house (about 10 miles). What worries me as a member of MKAA, is that if the club loses Adam's Mill other stretches of the Ouse leased by MKAA will become even busier. Overall, river fishing may be in decline, but these Ouse stetches that are known big barbel holding spots have been very heavily fished this year.

If I'm interpreting Graham's list correctly, there are several "Big" names on it. These are either semi or fully professional fishermen. They've made cash from selling books, rods, baits and videos with their name attached. It's possible they are then using this extra cash to buy into the syndicate. So, basically, they are taking cash from fishermen which they then use to prevent them fishing stretches of river in their own clubs. Far more effective than PETA. If you don't approve of this syndication of previously club owned stretches of water there's a simple way of stopping these guys doing it again and again. Don't buy any of their books or tackle, don't sponsor their next syndicate as it may be your favourite stretch.

Dave