When you know you are gonna get hit (weather)

Newt

Here is a radar picture from a few minutes ago showing a storm headed our way.

- green > yellow > orange > red > purple indicates strength. Purple = head for an underground shelter so luckily there is none of that.

- Arrows indicate the direction a strong storm cell is moving. If it has a coloured box at the beginning

.. yellow solid square = hail

.. purple triangle = tornado (whew!! once again)

We live at the bulls eye just to the right of the leading edge since our weather moves west to east almost all the time.

gonna_get_hit.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Looks nasty Newt. At least they move fairly quick over you most of the time and the decrease in temperature should be welcome too.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Any excuse not to cut the grass Newt!

We are looking forward to yet another deep depression hitting us tomorrow, with plenty of rain.

These things usually don't come along until the equinox, but this will be the third following the solstice - weird!

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Wheeeee

F7 is clipping along at 45 knots and one could safely say that "all hell's a popping".

(edit note) - and even a bit of that purple colour passing over.

weather_2.jpg

weather_3.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Wheeeee

F7 is clipping along at 45 knots and one could safely say that "all hell's a popping".

(edit note) - and even a bit of that purple colour passing over.

Just gotten up to drizzle, and an unhappy cat that keeps wandering between the front and back doors but refuses to go out.

Are you still there Newt?

RNLI Shoreline Member

Still here Leon. There was some localized flash flooding but we live on fairly high ground and didn't need to drive anywhere during the worst of it.

Still here Leon. There was some localized flash flooding but we live on fairly high ground and didn't need to drive anywhere during the worst of it.

It was the purple bits that were beginning to worry me!

RNLI Shoreline Member

They had my attention too. I was at work in a building that would need a largish bomb to do much damage but Jan was at home and the electrical storm was such that we could not keep a phone connection for more than a few seconds.

Luckily, except for some downed trees and running water in some unusual places, we came through unscathed.