Fishing in North London

BoozleBear

Hi Boozlebear

Used to live in north London, used to fish the coppermills stream. I have put a long post up here before about the swim i used to fish, Do a search through the past threads to see if you can find it. If not give me a pm and i will give you all the info you would need. I used to fish the swim under the bridge, had 6lb+ chud, 8lb+ barble, 14lb+ carp and 10lb+ pike. Nevr had any tench out but a few of my friend that used to fish it had a few out.

Hope that Helps, let me know

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Boozlebear

Used to live in north London, used to fish the coppermills stream. I have put a long post up here before about the swim i used to fish, Do a search through the past threads to see if you can find it. If not give me a pm and i will give you all the info you would need. I used to fish the swim under the bridge, had 6lb+ chud, 8lb+ barble, 14lb+ carp and 10lb+ pike. Nevr had any tench out but a few of my friend that used to fish it had a few out.

Hope that Helps, let me know

STC

Nice for this post to have been resurected, as it's still the same situation for me. Only fish about once a month or two, mainly the canal in Wiltshire, but a few of the places mentioned sound like great fun and I'll hopefully have a car soon so will get to check them out more easily.

Cheers,

Simon

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

Walthamstow. At the end of Coppermill Lane. (or at least part of it is)

Looking on the map again that make Tottenham Hale and Blackhorse Road close to the reservoirs and is Coppermil stream the line of water running down the west side ?

Tony

Head for the walthamstow res, you cant miss them. You can park in the car park for the anglers and then you have to walk across the road (that is always fun dodging the traffic)

As you walk throught the gate on our left side there is a bridge, thats the swim you want, or thats the one i used to fish.

What I found worked well was to through in a handfull of halibult pellet while you are setting up. That seemed to get the fish moving, i only ever fished one rod as the swim was to small to have 2.

The spot you are trying to hit and i do not know if it is still there, but there was a patch of gravel about 2-3 ft under the bridge. I used luncheon meat or halibult pellet both worked just as well. Thinking about it i would probably put in a few ands of hemp to as the barble love it.

Hope that helps

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

Head for the walthamstow res, you cant miss them. You can park in the car park for the anglers and then you have to walk across the road (that is always fun dodging the traffic)

As you walk throught the gate on our left side there is a bridge, thats the swim you want, or thats the one i used to fish.

As I said I don't drive so its directions from the tube I need :-)

However I've found a proper map thats shows Coppermill Stream. It runs fromj ust above Ferry Lane, down between Warwick Reservoir East and Reservoir Number One, then alongside the path that runs off the end of Coppermill lane to Springfield Marina in Springfield Park.

You indicate heavy traffic so I'm going to presume we're looking at Ferry Lane so thats either the north side next to Low Manard Reservoir or the south side just up from the Pumping Station.

Tony

As I said I don't drive so its directions from the tube I need :-)

However I've found a proper map thats shows Coppermill Stream. It runs fromj ust above Ferry Lane, down between Warwick Reservoir East and Reservoir Number One, then alongside the path that runs off the end of Coppermill lane to Springfield Marina in Springfield Park.

You indicate heavy traffic so I'm going to presume we're looking at Ferry Lane so thats either the north side next to Low Manard Reservoir or the south side just up from the Pumping Station.

He's talking about the entrance to the resevoirs on Ferry Lane/Forest Road Walthamstow. Next to the Ferry Boat Inn pub. Closest tube Tottenham Hale. Then a 15 minute walk or a 123 bus.

He's talking about the entrance to the resevoirs on Ferry Lane/Forest Road Walthamstow. Next to the Ferry Boat Inn pub. Closest tube Tottenham Hale. Then a 15 minute walk or a 123 bus.

Awesome thanks. Ferry Boat Inn --> N17 9NG --> Google maps --> Bingo ! :-)

Tony

Took a trip to Walthamstow Res today.

The entrance on the north side of Ferry Road and on the pub's east side was locked so there was no way of getting up there. From the pub garden I couldn't see much the stream is choked with weed and lilies ?

I spoke briefly to one of the Thames Water blokes and he said they'd turned off the flow to undertake some repair work, but the best fishing to be had was the bit where the flow came in from Low Maynrad Reservoir. (The bit I sadly couldn't get to)

Walthamstow Res seemed a nice place, shame everyone there was fishing for Carp and had no idea if there was anything else in there.

Tony