help with TORRENTS please guys?

Chris Goddard

I can download them and burn them now at least! (MANY thanks to all who helped!)

BUT now I need the complete IDIOTS guide to HOW to upload the damn things!!! I am sending to Pirate bay and have registered. NOW what do I need?? I am using the site and goods at BIT Torrent to get my **** together. BUT too damn old to work out HOW to do it and don't trust the google to do it either!!

Hope you can against once more and all that?

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Chris I can't help you as I could have been in the same boat but have decided to go legal!!

All my usual sources have stopped allowing me to download anything so I thought I'd give Bit Torrents another try.

They are just so slow [Of course it could be I'm doing it all wrong?] I'm on 10mb.

It's easier for me to walk to the local Tesco and buy the CD I want.

I might consider buying off the Internet but damned if I'll use iTunes.

Sorry Chris I can't help you as I could have been in the same boat but have decided to go legal!!

All my usual sources have stopped allowing me to download anything so I thought I'd give Bit Torrents another try.

They are just so slow [Of course it could be I'm doing it all wrong?] I'm on 10mb.

It's easier for me to walk to the local Tesco and buy the CD I want.

I might consider buying off the Internet but damned if I'll use iTunes.

Thanks Colin!! I too am NOT a fan of I tunes!! Well about as keen as we buy anycar.com!!!

As I say downloading I have sussed. Burning them is still a bit hit and miss!!! Well I say that if I use ordinary DVD's all is ok and if I use ASDA RW dvd's again OK. BUT use any other make, like the SKY 10 for a quid I bought no joy????

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

tunes ?

just download them from youtube then convert them via realplayer and burn them to disk ,realplayer can download them! a little box opens if you hover at the top of the vid asking if you want to download it when the download bit is enabled.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I can download them and burn them now at least! (MANY thanks to all who helped!)

BUT now I need the complete IDIOTS guide to HOW to upload the damn things!!! I am sending to Pirate bay and have registered. NOW what do I need?? I am using the site and goods at BIT Torrent to get my **** together. BUT too damn old to work out HOW to do it and don't trust the google to do it either!!

Hope you can against once more and all that?

First of all, download this.

http://www.utorrent.com/?client=utorrent2210

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Not being funny Jim but I already use BIT TORRENT and I'm Fine at downloading anything I need! I can make new DVD's with my own menu's and although I cannot yet make a CD from several sources I own, I.E. I suppose a complete compilation?? Like I have ALL the Mr Thomas learn French in twenty three years if you are a graduate from Oxbridge!! BUT I cannot get say 4 CD's worth onto one CD so I don't have to keep changing the discs!

I now want to let OTHERS share my new found wealthy of new Hunting Shooting DVD's a lot of which to be truthful are NOT copyrighted either! OK a bit grainy and lots of outside noise but interesting watching say how someone ele4see skins and guts a Rabbit!! It would take me around 10 to 15 Minutes! Now?? Around 2/3!! JUST by watching someone else and I also have the worlds FUNNIEST Jack Russell dogs V's the Rat population of a Pig farm!! IT IS HILARIOUS!! And completely free of ANY copyright! Fishing free of! Allsorts! But HOW do I get them up to Piratebay from my discs??

Chris Goddard

BUT I cannot get say 4 CD's worth onto one CD so I don't have to keep changing the discs!

I usually find burning via Nero 7 in jukebox mode or compilation setting will allow you to do that, but if your player doesn't support jukebox mode all you will get in effect is a data disk.

Not uploaded in years so forgot 90% of it, am sure i used to use a prog call tpgeng and then wrap it with winrar.

There are tutorials avail on many sites tho most are now sadly underground, have myself moved onto newsgroups as they afford a greater degree of anonimity and faster speeds.

hope this helps chris, may i also add my commiserations on your current health m8 ;)

try this -- http://www.utorrent.com/help/guides/make-a-torrent

Edited by jimpy0

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com

Not being funny Jim but I already use BIT TORRENT and I'm Fine at downloading anything I need! I can make new DVD's with my own menu's and although I cannot yet make a CD from several sources I own, I.E. I suppose a complete compilation?? Like I have ALL the Mr Thomas learn French in twenty three years if you are a graduate from Oxbridge!! BUT I cannot get say 4 CD's worth onto one CD so I don't have to keep changing the discs!

I now want to let OTHERS share my new found wealthy of new Hunting Shooting DVD's a lot of which to be truthful are NOT copyrighted either! OK a bit grainy and lots of outside noise but interesting watching say how someone ele4see skins and guts a Rabbit!! It would take me around 10 to 15 Minutes! Now?? Around 2/3!! JUST by watching someone else and I also have the worlds FUNNIEST Jack Russell dogs V's the Rat population of a Pig farm!! IT IS HILARIOUS!! And completely free of ANY copyright! Fishing free of! Allsorts! But HOW do I get them up to Piratebay from my discs??

You need a copy of micro torrent. Any old bittorent client will not do. You need a BITTORENT client that can CREATE the .torrent file that you need to post to the tracker.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

cant really comment on creating torrents but piratebay i hate with a passion. several times i have had virus wanrings from just browsing the website. i would try kat.ph it used to be kickasstorrents.com

you can still go to kickasstorrents.com but will redirect to kat.ph. same people. safer easier website and probably has the info you require.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Thanks Andy! Found that site and sure enough it was on there and enough to know I don't HAVE to use U torrent!! Which I don't!! And only around a dozen lines while some of the ruddy so called guides run to 10 or more pages!!!

So once again THANK YOU and that goes for ALL you who offered me some help!

Chris

Chris Goddard