Windows update

Dan

Ah thank you google I found this: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/index.cf...8&forumid=1 looks like its a Zone alarm conflict - I HATE MICROSOFT!!!!!!
I hate ZA.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Microsoft did not cause this one. It is purely a ZA glitch. M$ offers developers a chance to get early notice of changes so they can act rather than react but ZA has chosen not to participate.

I agree Newt - Microsoft are a pain in the b** but as you say in this case it's ZA

However have just downloaded ZA anew and done a clean install and everything is back working fine, including having the firewall set at High.

Peggy :clap::clap2:

Edited by Peggy Burke

Classic Fishing Books www.classicfishingbooks.co.uk 100s of fishing books for sale/wanted + reviews

Wingham Fisheries www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm Gravel pit syndicates in Kent. 2008 Forum Fish-In Sat May 17 to Mon May 19. For what happened in 2007 see http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=75031

Paperweights Plus www.paperweightsplus.com Off the shelf and customised paperweights