Rule Change in Missouri US

Phone

All,

Catching up of some reading and noticed a rule change for the State of Missouri. Missouri Department of Conservation is banning (March 1st 2012) the use of felt soles because they can stay moist for days and allow "didymo cells" to survive and be spread to other waters. In Missouri didymo is an invasive algae that can form thick mats that can cover stream bottoms and affect fish habitat.

Do you guys use felt sole boots? Do you have a problem with didymo? (I don't know what didymo even is really.)

I am not a fly fisherman.

Phone

LOL - Phone, you may have set a record. 109 views when I posted this and no opinions or comments.

Maybe felt sole waders just aren't the done thing on UK streams. :fishing:

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Maybe felt sole waders just aren't the done thing on UK streams. :fishing:

Newt

In fact it is just the opposite Felt soled boots are by some way the commonest sole used on wading boots in the UK (for Game fishing anyway), the newer compound soles are just starting to catch on and hopefully replace them.

Countries like New Zealand have banned felt soled wading boots for some years now in an effort to eradicate any disease that may be spread as a result of their use.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.