Good luck to all going to Wingham

RUDD

To all coming this week-end...

I will be there over the week-end to help out again with "Sherpa" duties and any other assistance I can offer Steve.

Very good to see so many intend to come down and I'm really looking forward to meeting you all.

I'm sure you'll all enjoy yourselves and hopefully there may be a few PB's if conditions are right.

I know you have all read of the potential for large fish at Wingham and I can assure you it's true.... I'm a member :)

Good luck to everyone, see you over the week-end.

Best Regards DaveL

I've fished a few waters with good fish in them, unfortunately I haven't caught any of those good fish :D Here's hoping I can change that trend.

I picked up some micro barbed hooks (size 6 and 10 raptors) tonight on the way home from work and also a few casters.

Should I just go for the size 6 with a worm for the perch Steve?

James

j_s:

Should I just go for the size 6 with a worm for the perch Steve?

I'd use a size 6 for a lob or bunches of dendras, size 10 for a single dendra perhaps tipped with a maggot or caster.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I've got got back from "pegging out" at Wingham and everything is now ready for the event. All we need now is for the weather to co-operate. This evening it was a "2 sweater" job thanks to a cold NNE wind.

There's no one on the Coarse Lake and just one on the Carp Lake. Mark arrived yesterday lunchtime and has had 4 carp - a 28, a brace of 25s and a fully-scaled of 15lbs that got a reprieve from being sold when caught as a "pastie".

Interestingly, all Mark's fish came between 5 & 9 a.m. before the cold breeze got up. He's hoping for more at the same time tomorrow before leaving after breakfast.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net