Off to a new venue tmrw...

Steve D

I've been eyeing up a new lake for a while now. It has all the right stuff to produce some big bream. 20 acres, 16 foot of water, right in the ouse valley. Have seen some pictures of a few doubles in the 12 to 14lb mark, which look capable of growing on. One picture in particular looks exactly the right shape of fish you would associate with a big double.

Too add to it, my pal, who is a recent member said, the baliff suggested there have been some seriously big bream and tench caught, but the captors have wanted to keep stoom (quite). Now I always like it when told "they are keeping quite", for a reason I would suggest.

Anyways, I will report back with some pictures, if I don't blank he-he. (I won't)

Obviously, for now I will not name the venue, (other than to my pals via the PM, you know who you are lol)... But I will tell you exactly how I caught my fish, as I always do, for those who are interested in big winter bream... :o

Cheers for now, tight lines... B)

Steve

Friday evening forum starting mid March 2012. Come in for a coffee, and a chat, or advice. We'll be talking rigs, tactics, venues, and anything else fishing related. Heiniken say's, probably one of the best stocked shops in east anglia... Match, sea, fly, carp, specimum. If we ain't got it, we'll get it. Look for the new Frank Warrich gel baits coming soon...

www.stanstedangling.co.uk

I've been eyeing up a new lake for a while now. It has all the right stuff to produce some big bream. 20 acres, 16 foot of water, right in the ouse valley. Have seen some pictures of a few doubles in the 12 to 14lb mark, which look capable of growing on. One picture in particular looks exactly the right shape of fish you would associate with a big double.

Too add to it, my pal, who is a recent member said, the baliff suggested there have been some seriously big bream and tench caught, but the captors have wanted to keep stoom (quite). Now I always like it when told "they are keeping quite", for a reason I would suggest.

Anyways, I will report back with some pictures, if I don't blank he-he. (I won't)

Obviously, for now I will not name the venue, (other than to my pals via the PM, you know who you are lol)... But I will tell you exactly how I caught my fish, as I always do, for those who are interested in big winter bream... :o

Cheers for now, tight lines... B)

Steve

Good luck Steve.

The weather is fair now so hopefully the fish will respond.

For me I must catch the end of the river season before I can concentrate on stillwaters again. I know the fish are very small in comparison but they can be equally as hard to catch.

John

Steve,

Never met a "real angler" who could keep quiet a "honey hole" for very long. Usually the KEEP QUIET story is used to cover a lot of blank sessions.

I'll start the argument. You say - "if I don't blank". I say - you will. (ha ha). Shoot your best stick and best of angling to you.

Phone

PS: I sell and a reasonable price the 111 best excuses for blanking. Let me know?

Steve,

Never met a "real angler" who could keep quiet a "honey hole" for very long. Usually the KEEP QUIET story is used to cover a lot of blank sessions.

I'll start the argument. You say - "if I don't blank". I say - you will. (ha ha). Shoot your best stick and best of angling to you.

Phone

PS: I sell and a reasonable price the 111 best excuses for blanking. Let me know?

Ha-ha @phone, Trust mate, I can't even spell the word "BANLK"... Getting my fail proof gear ready as we speak... :lol:

Cheers And, I will let you know mate.

Friday evening forum starting mid March 2012. Come in for a coffee, and a chat, or advice. We'll be talking rigs, tactics, venues, and anything else fishing related. Heiniken say's, probably one of the best stocked shops in east anglia... Match, sea, fly, carp, specimum. If we ain't got it, we'll get it. Look for the new Frank Warrich gel baits coming soon...

Well I kinda blanked, he-he. I had 2 jack-pike on lob worm, however I saw enough to tell me this is my venue for the coming 12 months. I spoke with the head baliff and he reliably informed me that 15lb bream are "not common, but they do show up a few times a year". Hmm, I thought, but having spoke with a handful of carp boys on the lake who backed this up, I was further enthused. I also spotted a couple of very big fish role, all-be-it over a 100 yards out. It has the rigt make up to hod big fish, certainly holds 10lb tench and some very big carp. It's the right size and in the right neck of the woods for big bream.

With very few silvers present, the couple of 2 inch movements that I had during the night were encouraging. My pal who was with me missed a real screamer, although it may have been a liner. He too had a couple of movements, interestingly on the same bait that I had mine on, 10mm white chocolate. Our other rods had an assortament of baits, changed up on a regular basis.

My main concern is it an average of 7 feet deep and as such there is a fare amount of canadian pond weed, whcih we know bream don't like. That said, if the whole lake is 7 foot which it seems to be, then it will be about trying to locate clear area's. My swim had patches and at 80 yards it was hit and miss dropping in a clear area. I tried to combat this with semi boyant bait on a heli-rig. Catching the jacks was kinda encoraging, as they had to find my bait. What I need to do some serious reconisance, and lots of work with a marker float etc.

Back there next week.

:wallbash: Side note, I am sooooooo Peeeeddd off as I have just found out that some arse has nicked my catolitic converter form my wife and myself's new motorhome. It's so annoying, it's a 61plate and this is the 2nd time, and to make it worse, it was on a 'secure site' for motorhomes, which ain't cheep. Cut their hands off if I caught them. It's 1700 quids worth of cat and the insurance company are gonna rack up my renewal, that's without the £350 excess. swear words, swaer words, head ache, swear words...

Steve,

I'd have something clever to say if it wasn't for the dreadful motorhome story. Was the secure site in conjunction with the new venue you've discovered?

At 7 ft. what are the weed conditions during the growing season?

Phone

Steve,

I'd have something clever to say if it wasn't for the dreadful motorhome story. Was the secure site in conjunction with the new venue you've discovered?

At 7 ft. what are the weed conditions during the growing season?

Phone

No mate, it was a totally seperate thing> the site is one designed (huh) to store and protect your caravan/motorhome. Hmmm, at £500 a year fro storage I will be looking for a refund. We only put our unit there because it had happened once already, in my sister in laws front garden, ffs it's only 6 months old.

On the weed subject, I have been informed there is some deep water, so as long as it's over 10/12 foot the weed shouldn't be an issue... Interesting, coz I had another look at the photo's and they are where I was told the deep water is.

Edited by Steve D