1. 1. Zonealarm or windows firewall

• Zonealarm firewall
    • Windows firewall
  2. 2. Zonealarm/Nod32 Antivirus

• ZoneAlarm Antivirus/Spyware
    • Nod32 Antivirus/Spyware

Now Be Honest

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Zone Alarm no longer supports Win 98 so I use Sygate, although it's probably unnecessary as there's a firewall in the router anyway. I also use AVG, Spybot and SuperAnti spyware, (instead of AdAware which I had to abandon as it stopped working properly after many years).

Zone Alarm no longer supports Win 98 so I use Sygate, although it's probably unnecessary as there's a firewall in the router anyway.

The router firewall will make you invisible to hackers on the outside of the firewall, but will not prevent a trojan on your computer sending data out.

You also need a software firewall (such as Zonealarm) that controls what is being sent out from your computer, allowing only trusted programs that you have installed to communicate from your computer to the darkness outside.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Yer! What Leon sed!??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

None of the above. I don't use any software firewall, I rely on my router for that. I am beta testing McAfee Antivirus, before that I was running AVG 7. I have never had a trojan (that I know about ;))on one of my computers.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I am beta testing McAfee Antivirus,

you ain't serious are you :bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

i am giving Eset Smart Security a trial for 1 month so far it seems to beat Zone Alarm suite on every front.

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

you ain't serious are you :bigemo_harabe_net-163::bigemo_harabe_net-163:

i am giving Eset Smart Security a trial for 1 month so far it seems to beat Zone Alarm suite on every front.

I fail to get the joke. I was running Eset trial, when it ran out I scouted round for some more free/trial antivirus progs and thought I would kick the tyres of McAfee. I used to use it at work, years ago when it was still shareware. So far so good. When I installed McAfee it found some trojan that Eset had missed.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

I fail to get the joke. I was running Eset trial, when it ran out I scouted round for some more free/trial antivirus progs and thought I would kick the tyres of McAfee. I used to use it at work, years ago when it was still shareware. So far so good. When I installed McAfee it found some trojan that Eset had missed.

i used Mcafee a few years ago it cost me hundreds of ££ due to it's lack of security ,had a lot of trouble trying to uninstall it,

it left quite a lot of files on my system that kept on trying to run the app.

almost as bad as NORTON.

each to there own mate good luck i have found the best way to avoid all these trojans/virus/spyware is NOT to Connect To the internet :rolleyes::rolleyes:

cpranim.gif

i used Mcafee a few years ago it cost me hundreds of ££ due to it's lack of security ,had a lot of trouble trying to uninstall it,

it left quite a lot of files on my system that kept on trying to run the app.

almost as bad as NORTON.

each to there own mate good luck i have found the best way to avoid all these trojans/virus/spyware is NOT to Connect To the internet :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nothing is as bad as Norton, apart from maybe that pile of poo that is Panda.