First 1-2 night session any tips welcome

cupra

Ok so im home from my first session

Not hugely successful for a number of reasons

1. crayfish OMG every single boiley that i used for bait including boileys that crayfish are not suppose to like came back in bits. Pellets on the other hand came back untouched so after trying about 15 different baits i ended up with only 3 that could be left on for anything over half an hour. I even caught a crayfish on a floating hemp and tigernut boiley using an 10" braid (gives 8 inches of lift) it did fall off as i lifted it out of the water but it was on there the whole time i was reeling it in.

2. Hearing the bite alarms, i couldnt get very close to the peg that i wanted to fish which meant the bite alarms were not loud enough to be heard from the tent when i was having a nap. Also didnt help here as it was making so much noise and shaking the tent.

3. Getting to the rods when I had a run, I can not sleep when I have shoes on so getting my shoes on quick enough plus unzipping often meant the bait was dropped before i could hit the bite meat i lost atleast 8 fish this way over the night.

Ways around these problems

1. Arma mesh, I had ordered this as no local tackle shops had any but it didnt arrive untill today when i got back, also in summer apparently if i feed more than i would normally feed once the carp are in the swim i shouldnt get bothered by them as much so thats a fix for the summer

2. I need to get some wireless/wired bite alarms so that I know when I have a bite and its loud enough for me to be sure its not somebody elses rod going off.

3. Obviously when dry running out in socks isnt a problem but as i was limited to how many pairs i had this time i could only run out in socks twice both times i got to the rod soon enough but the rest of the night i just wasnt fast enough so I either need to be alot closer to the rods (should be easy enough) or fish in the dry only.

Anyone else got any tips to add to help me here?

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

Ok so im home from my first session

Not hugely successful for a number of reasons

1. crayfish OMG every single boiley that i used for bait including boileys that crayfish are not suppose to like came back in bits. Pellets on the other hand came back untouched so after trying about 15 different baits i ended up with only 3 that could be left on for anything over half an hour. I even caught a crayfish on a floating hemp and tigernut boiley using an 10" braid (gives 8 inches of lift) it did fall off as i lifted it out of the water but it was on there the whole time i was reeling it in.

2. Hearing the bite alarms, i couldnt get very close to the peg that i wanted to fish which meant the bite alarms were not loud enough to be heard from the tent when i was having a nap. Also didnt help here as it was making so much noise and shaking the tent.

3. Getting to the rods when I had a run, I can not sleep when I have shoes on so getting my shoes on quick enough plus unzipping often meant the bait was dropped before i could hit the bite meat i lost atleast 8 fish this way over the night.

Ways around these problems

1. Arma mesh, I had ordered this as no local tackle shops had any but it didnt arrive untill today when i got back, also in summer apparently if i feed more than i would normally feed once the carp are in the swim i shouldnt get bothered by them as much so thats a fix for the summer

2. I need to get some wireless/wired bite alarms so that I know when I have a bite and its loud enough for me to be sure its not somebody elses rod going off.

3. Obviously when dry running out in socks isnt a problem but as i was limited to how many pairs i had this time i could only run out in socks twice both times i got to the rod soon enough but the rest of the night i just wasnt fast enough so I either need to be alot closer to the rods (should be easy enough) or fish in the dry only.

Anyone else got any tips to add to help me here?

My first thought is don't sleep while you are fishing. If you need to sleep for a couple of hours then wind in and fish properly the rest of the time.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

My first thought is don't sleep while you are fishing. If you need to sleep for a couple of hours then wind in and fish properly the rest of the time.

yeah thats what i did the next time heres my second try at this

So went for a quick overnight at the oaks sessay

The weather

When i arrived at the oaks it had just started to rain so got all my sleeping stuff sorted and then set my carp stuff up, waited till the rain stopped before setting my chair and pole up.

My evening fishing was cut early due to a thunderstorm that lasted a few hours that made me stay indoors till the morning.

The morning was raining too so stayed a little longer and fished int he afternoon with the pole but did keep rebaiting my carp rods with no bites so diceded to change baits a few times as couldnt get a bite off the carp.

What can i say well, Ill talk about course fishing first

The evening

Set my pole up to fish just off an island and a instant hit with some small Roach (about half a pound) Perch to 1lb and some small Barbel, in the few hours i fished my pole 22lb bag. (someone weighed this for me as my scales seem to get stuck on 15lb so ive ordered some new ones)

The morning

Setting my pole up in the morning and i dropped my number 5 section in the water (devostated) so had to fish my 12ft float rod, with some more decent results, had a bigger bag of mixed fish but nobody to weigh them for me. did have 2 ide at just over 1lb and a perch of 1lb 2oz. no sign of tench or bream but still a decent bag of fish.

Carp fishing

Set my carp rod up and within 2 mins of my first cast had this little beauty

IMG_0229.jpg

Weiging in at a stonking 2lb 8oz

Quick rebait and a cast into the same place and i got into this fish

IMG_0004.jpg

A Little better at 3lb 7oz

no other carp till the next evening and 6-7 different bait changes put some compressed bread in my arma mesh 20 mins later got myself this

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

Weighing just short of 10lb by a meesly ounce

Made another compressed bread pellet and 25 mins later got this one

IMG_0016.jpg

Sadly my scales only go up to 15lb but it maxxed them out, i think it was only a little over 15 but still a very nice fish

So very happy for this time of year

One thing i also cought on the float rod was this

IMG_0018.jpg

with limbs missing but still able to grab bait

Planning some more trips soon as this was my second overnighter im very happy

tlc.png

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For night runs, get a pair of sandals, quick to put on and will keep your feet off the ground when running to the rod.

Personal Bests:

Carp: 18 1/2Lbs

Barbel: 5Lbs

Chub: 3LBS

Roach: 3 1/2LBs

Bream: 8LBs

Tench: 4LBs

Dace: 1LB

Perch: 2lbs

Angel Shark: 45LBs