Waaaaa! Disaster!!

Salar

Thanks everyone for the kind words and suggestions. Pump if now very much OFF until at least this freeze is over, and the new, clearer water has meant I can spot a good number of orfe and goldfish. As I only saw the carp when they fed on the surface I will probably only see them, if they survived, when it warms up. With any luck they were in a deeper pocket in the muddy bottom. Here's hoping anyway. Cheers everybody.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

Postscript - ice now melted, pond refilled to the brim with clear water, and I can see my two big beauties sleeping on the bottom (right way up you jokers :D ) plus a whole shoal of orfe and goldfish. I can't see any casualties at all - relief! Only problem is the herons can now see them and the bar stewards are probably VERY HUNGRY. Hope the wire keeps them at bay....

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk