Frogs

Ed Matysiak

I was given a couple of tiny trout by a schoolteacher who used to raise them from eggs each year (to educaate the kids) They used to eat each other and so this year he gave me the last two.

I put them in my little pond which also had a pumped stream about 10ft long connected.

Some time the next year I looked out and saw one of the trout attempting to migrate upstream in about One inch of water.

Fish kept doing this for weeks and so in the end I ate it.

It came to me about 3inches long and grew to almost a foot long.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Beware the dreaded trout. I was given 3 fingerling rainbows about 2 years ago. They are now 24" long and must weigh between 6 and 8lbs.

it was nice to watch them leaping and darting about when small, but now they upset the tranquillity and harmony in the pond. The Koi don't get a lookin at feeding time because the trout are too fast for them, and they eat and eat and eat. I hate the thought that they may have to go, but they are becoming a bit of a handfull. I would think twice before adding trout to any garden pond.

quote:

Originally posted by Ferret1959

How can you eat your pets you 'orrible man?

Easy. Have you ever tried guinea pig? Delicacy in Peru and Chili too I think. Whole thing is skinned, gutted, dipped in batter and deep fried.

Finger lickin' good! :cool:

Corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

allanC:

Beware the dreaded trout. I was given 3 fingerling rainbows about 2 years ago. They are now 24" long and must weigh between 6 and 8lbs.

it was nice to watch them leaping and darting about when small, but now they upset the tranquillity and harmony in the pond. The Koi don't get a lookin at feeding time because the trout are too fast for them, and they eat and eat and eat. I hate the thought that they may have to go, but they are becoming a bit of a handfull. I would think twice before adding trout to any garden pond.

I did think about that. Trouts behaviour is very erratic compared to koi etc.. When they get big, i guess they will have to go. I wonder what golden trout tastes like. :D