Frogs

Ed Matysiak

Guest Ferret1959

My fish had a feast last year on frogspawn.

I remember a few years ago there was a shortage of female frogs and the unattached male frogs where trying to shag the fish which inturn ended up with some fish being suffercated by randy frogs clinging on like sex was going out of fashion

The frogs trapped the fishes gills shut.

If you don't want the frog you could always put them in the blender.

I have one small pond seperate from the main one . The main pond is raised and seldom gets frogs. The smaller one is used to rear newly hatched gold fish taken from the main pond , and does attact frogs. After years of trying to keep frogs out of this pond , I gave up , only to find it had no noticable effect on the numbers of new fish raised.

Guest Ferret1959

I had some trout in my ponds a few years back.

I bought them from Gailey Fisheries on the A5.

They sold them for £2 each as live bait for piking.

I had a tenners worth and what was left went home with me.

Don't know if they are still in the ponds, but they should be a fair size by now as the ponds were spring fed and full of food for them.