Frog spawn, first of the year.

peter mccue

March 4th was the date of the first load of Frog spawn in my pond.

As I live in the frozen North East, I was wondering when you soft southerners with your semi-tropical ponds found the first clumps of spawn.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Live in Lancashire and as yet no frog spawn. But what I have found is a lot of frogs in pond with strange disease. Skin spit mainly around limb joints. An odd one or two with limbs missing. Theses don't live long, usually dead after a day or two.

Is anyone else coming across this phenomenon

Regards

Jerrydog,

Interesting post that. A couple of years ago I emptied my pond, the following morning there were a few frogs trapped in the bottom which had been exposed to a severe frost & were quite literally frozen! They eventually thawed out, but all died later after suffering the exact problems you described.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.