blanket weed

skintlad

spring is here again...and very nice it is too...lots of sunshine to help that bane of our lives, blanket weed grow with a vengence.the best method of prevention i've used is salt (cooking not table salt, table salt has magnesium which will kill your fish). use at 1lb per 200 gallons and in no time the blanket weeds gone...try it it works.

ps.. if you salt your pond you can't use formalin as a treatment...formalin and salt together deoxigenise your water.

My pond has suffered from blanket weed for the last 2 years, I tried all the usual cheap remedies and none of them touched it, so I went against all my principles and spent £60.00 on a Blagdon electronic weed controller, guess what? it only bloody worked! All that remains to be seen is if continues to work during the summer.

I had blanket weed in my carp pond in the garden untill i installed a waterfall to oxygenate the water and give a bit of movement, and the blanket weed magically disappeared.

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

Be careful with the salt, a friend of mine salted his pond and killed all the fish. mind you he was throwing it in by the hand full using the principle that if a cupfull is good then a bucketfull MUST be better ! He went on in this way for about 18 months and managed to look after all of his fish to death !!!! :confused: