Bloody lucky.

Guest Ferret1959

Guest Ferret1959

Nearly lost my fish yesterday.

Pump blocked solid and no movement in the pond. :confused:

The poor fish were gasping for air on the top, one nice carp even made a break for freedom and was jumping about on the pebbles around the pond. :(:(

So a warning to all you pond keepers,keep a watchfull eye on you pumps and filter systems. :cool:

God knows what would have happened if I had been away on holiday. :confused: :confused:

My pump packed up the other week so I spent 4 hours digging up 30 feet of cabling to find that a flaming mole had eaten through it and shorted it out.

Not impressed.

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

After experiencing the same sort of voltage that death row inmates usually do, i would guess very dead indeed. I never found the bugger.

[ 01. July 2004, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: Apache ]

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

Ferret1959:

The poor fish were gasping for air on the top, one nice carp even made a break for freedom and was jumping about on the pebbles around the pond.    

I had a session about a fortnight ago during all that really hot weather where despite the pump going flat out the fish were all gathered under the pump outflow and gasping at the surface. What I did was get an aerator pump and put a couple of airstones into the pond. The difference was astonishing - within 30 minutes the fish were feeding like crazy and were more active than they had been in a month.

What I've also done since is buy a new pump and a pressurised filter. When I install them I'll make sure there's a really good jet of water back into the pond to keep a good water movement going at all times. I'll leave the aerator going as well as they realy seem to like it.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.