I Couldn't Believe It!!

Elton

A week or so ago, I did a major clean on my pond filtration system. The system was fine, but this really cleared the water.

So, a couple of days later, I'm feeding the fish. Most of the time, they're really shy, but a bit of sunshine kickstarts the metabolism and they go nuts for a while.

As I'm watching them, I notice a couple of fish that I don't recognise. They're hovering a foot or two below the surface. Well, darting, rather than hovering!

At first, the scale appearence reminded me of a chub. No way there were any chub in my pond!

Then I saw one in full view. I saw the shape and recognised it straight away....

About three years ago, I'd put two fingerling grass carp in there. I haven't seen them since.

Despite me visiting the pond daily, these two had grown to a similar size to my cow (probably a couple of pound or more), without me even noticing.

It was one of my best 'pond days' ever :)

Elton

[ 08. August 2004, 01:14 AM: Message edited by: Elton ]

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

out with the rods then

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I saw my two crucians for the first time in over 2 years last week. They haven't grown much compared to the other fish, but I managed to net one and they're beautiful little fish :)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

Three years ago I bought a couple of small mirrors for my pond. One died and the other just simply "vanished".

Last week the carp were going crazy eating everything they could grab hold of. After small feeding them for a while I threw in the final lump of feed for them to "chew on". Half a Pizza crust actually !

With a massive roll the Pizza crust dissapeared in on mighty splash, but not before I had spotted a huge black back and the flashes of scales.

The Mirror !! What a beatiful fish !!!!

Aint nature wonderfull !!!

The Older I get .. The better I was.

The thing about putting normal fish in an ornamental ond is the buggers camoflage themseves to match the pond colour fairly quickly. I've got a couple of commons in my pond that despite being 9 to 12 inches long I very seldom see - I actually see the tench more!

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

I tell you what are the hardest fish to spot most of the time, although they don't appear to have had any problems breeding....

Tench!

Spotted another 'new' one in there tonight :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

got some roach and chub in my pond only see them in the mornings or at dusk dont see them during the day even though my pond water is crystal clear as i have a uv light on my filter but they are getting to be very nice fish.

my favourite fishing spot

2008_0801craig0051.jpg

chesterfield canal chesterfield